Rabdi is a classic indian dessert.
- Milk – 1 litre (preferably full cream)
- White bread slices, crust removed – 3 ( make bread crumbs)
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup (optional)
- Saffron – a pinch, warmed and powdered
- Nuts – to garnish
- Boil milk and add breadcrumbs.
- Simmer and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar ,condensed milk & continue to simmer.
- Remove when thick and add saffron.
- Chill and garnish with nuts.
NOTES AND TIPS:
- Topped with nuts, this can be served as a dessert.
- This can be served cold accompanied by a hot pudding also.
- I usually serve hot gulab jamun with chilled rabdi.