Learn to make Instant Jalebi, a popular Indian sweet.
- 1/2 cup Maida or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of Corn Floor
- 1/2 teaspoon Fruit Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Vinegar or Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Yogurt
- 5 tablespoon Water
- Ingredients for Batter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Water
- To make sugar syrup
- Heat pan on a medium heat, add sugar and water and mix well until sugar gets dissolved with the water.
- Then bring the syrup to boil.
- After syrup boils, lower down the heat and simmer the syrup until you get one flow consistency.
- Add lemon juice once you get single thread consistency on the syrup.
- Mix and keep it warm
- To make jalebis.
- Take flour in to mixing bowl.
- To that add corn flour, yogurt and mix well.
- Then add water, vinegar and make that in to thick but pourable consistency batter.
- Add eno fruit salt and mix well.
- Now pour the jalebi batter in to ketch up bottle or any ziploc bag.
- Heat oil in the pan on the side.
- After oil is hot, make little swirls in the oil to give that a jalebi shape.
- Fry from both the sides till jalebis get light golden color.
- Soak up the jalebis in warm syrup from both sides.
- Then remove jalebis on to separate dish.