Melting Chocolate is easy. Here is a easy couple of easy technique for melting chocolate, which we use for candy and bakery recipes.
- Double Boiling Method:
- Place the chopped chocolates in a glass/metal bowl.
- Place this bowl over a smaller saucepan of 1 inch hot water.Take care the bowl does not touch the water level.
- Simmer the gas level.Stir frequently and once it is fully melted,remove from the pan.
- While using this method be careful to not allow any stray drops of water fall in the bowl. If water mixes with the chocolate, the chocolate will seize and be of little use.
- By this method,you can’t remelt the mixture.
- Place chocolate into a microwave proof glass or ceramic bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds, if still not fully melted, give short bursts of microwave power every 20 seconds until chocolate is runny. (If there are small chunks of un-melted chocolate allow the residual heat to finish off the melting).
- You can remelt the mixture if it thickens.