Dhokla is a famous recipe of Gujarathi Cuisine. Adding peas to it not only makes it delicious but a protein rich breakfast recipe. It’s made by steaming and prepared with less oil.
- Peas – 1 cup ( mash raw fresh peas in the mixie adding minimum water)
- Besan – 1 cup
- Green chilli-ginger paste – 2 tsp (or more)
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Sal, sugar
- To temper: – Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Hing – ½ tsp
- Slit gren chillies – 2-3
- Fruit salt – 1 tsp (or cooking soda-1/2 tsp)
- Mix besan,Mashed Peas, water, citric acid, green chilli-ginger paste, sugar & salt till well mixed. Use a food processor for perfect blending.
- Keep water boiling & ready in a steamer.
- Grease thoroughly an aluminium or steel round vessel which can be used for steaming dhokla – keep it ready in the pan over water to get hot.
- Sprinkle the fruit salt or soda into the batter, sprinkle 1 tsp water over the fruit salt or soda, whisk thoroughly & quickly & pour the batter in the greased vessel.
- The secret is cooking the dhokla vigorously, as soon as fruit salt is added.
- Cover & steam for 20 mts.
- The flame should be high for 10 mts & low thereafter.
- Test if it is cooked, by inserting a knife into it to see if it comes out clean.
- Remove, cool & cut the dhoklas.
- Heat oil & temper the given ingredients.
- Add 3 tbsp water & switch off when it just starts boiling.
- Pour all over the dhoklas.
- Garnish with grated coconut & chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with green chutney.