Back to Main Guide
Making Dhokla with the combination of Rice and Gram flour makes it more nutritious breakfast to start your day. Generally Dhokla is very famous recipe of Gujarat region of India.
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Gram flour (coursely grinded) – 1/2 cup
- Green chilli – 3 nos.
- Ginger – 1 no.
- Kadipata – 2 stalks
- Curd – 4 tspns
- Salt – to taste
- For tempering – Oil – 2 tspn
- Rai – 1 sp
- Til – 1 tsp
- Kadipata – 1 stalk
- Take a bowl add rice & gram flour alongwith salt and curd and mix it with water to make it a smooth dosa like batter.
- Crush green chilli, ginger & kadipata and put this in the batter. Put a pinch of soda if required as I haven’t used the same.
- Grease a thali and pour the above batter and allow it to steam in Idli Cooker for 10-12 mnts.
- Cut into diamond shape but here i poured the batter into silicon mould so that kids would be happy seeing its shape. Temper with oil, rai, til, kadipata and when rai splutters, add a pinch of red chilli powder for the spicy effect (if required).
- It goes well with green chutney, salad, raita etc…