Learn how to make Tomato Bhath/Thakkali Sadam within 30 minutes.
- Rice – preferably long-grained – 1 cup
- Cinnamon – 2 one inch pieces
- Bay leaves – 2 pieces
- Tomatoes – 4 big (chopped
- Onions – 3 (chopped)
- Ginger & garlic – 1 tablespoon (minced or paste)
- Green chillies – 3 (slit)
- Mint leaves – a handful (chopped)
- Coriander leaves – – a handful (chopped)
- Oil – 4 tablespoon
- Clean wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.Drain well.
- In a pressure cooker or pan, heat oil and temper in order ( adding one after the previous one is fried) – bay leaves, cinnamon, chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes, slit green chilies, chopped mint and coriander leaves and finally add rice.
- Fry well add 2 cups of water and salt.
- When water starts boiling well, close the cooker, keep the weight, lower the flame and switch off after 10 minutes.
- Once the pressure comes down, open the lid.It is optional to add 1 tsp sugar with salt.