It’s a sweet recipe traditionally prepared in North India during winter seasan and for festivals.
- Black sesame – ¾ cup
- Chopped dates – ½ cup
- Powdered good quality jaggery – ¾ cup
- Gaund – 1 tbsp (powder)
- Dry ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped almonds – 2 tablespoon
- Magaz seeds (melon seeds) & khus khus – 1 tablespoon each
- Oil – 2-3 teaspoon
- Dry roast seasame seeds till it splutters.
- Powder til seeds in the mixi first.
- Then add dates and jaggery one by one and crush it.
- Remove from mixer and mix all other ingredients to get a thick dough.
- Pinch portions and roll into balls.