- Whole dal – 1 Cup
- Coconut – 1tbsp
- Red chilly – 2 to 4
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida powder – a Pinch
- Oil to temper
- Curry leaves – Few
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal for seasoning
- Soak the dal over night and cook it in the pressure cooker with salt.
- Drain the excess water and make seasoning in a pan with given ingredients and add the dal.
- Mix well and after 2 minutes, add grated coconut and remove from flame.
- Your ‘coconut sundal’ is ready for ‘naivedhyam’.
NOTES AND TIPS:
For this sundal you can use any dal or whole dal.