Channa Masala Sundal is usually prepared for Navrathri in South India. It’s a protein rich healthy evening snack.
- Channa/garbanzo bean-1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut grated-1 tbspoon
- Curry leaf – 1 spring
To temper :
- Oil, Mustard seeds, Green chilli slit-1
- Roast and Grind :
- Coriander-1/2 tspoon, redchilli-1, pepper -4 nos,(roast and grind this)
- ginger- 1 very small pieace
- Pre-soak channa for 12 hrs/ can use canned garbanzo too.
- Wash , place on pressure cooker and leave for 3-4 whistles
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, slit green chilli, curry leaf.
- Add the roasted masala powder and salt to taste and toss well to blend them up.
- Finally add a tablespoon of fresh coconut , toss and put off flame.