Bengali classic and traditional sweet prepared with milk as main ingredient.
- Milk – 1 liter (5 cup)
- Lemon juice – 2-3 tbsp (2 lemons)
- Sugar – 2 cup (450 grams)
- Ararot – 1 tbsp
- For stuffing:
- Mawa – ¼ cup (60 gram)
- Cardamoms – 3-4 (peel and make powder)
- Powdered sugar – 2-3 tbsp (30 grams)
- Pistachios – 7-8 (thinly sliced)
- Kewada essence – 2-3 drops
- Yellow color – less then 1 pinch
- Take milk in any utensil and place it on flame for boiling.
- When milk starts boiling turn off the gas and let it cool down (it should be 80% hot).
- Add water in lemon juice. Add little amount of lemon juice at a time in warm milk.
- Milk will start to coagulate. Stop adding lemon juice when milk coagulates completely.
- Now strain the coagulated milk in any muslin cloth, (place the cloth on top of sieve and pour milk on the cloth).
- All water will get collected in the utensil kept beneath and chena will be collected on the top. Pour some cold water on the chena and wash it nicely.
- With this chena will become cool and lemon flavor will get washed.
- How to boil Chamcham:
- Mix 2 cup sugar and 4 cup water in a pressure cooker and place it on flame for heating. Meanwhile make Chamcham from chena.
- Divide chena in 8 equal parts, take one part and bind it nicely like a ladoo.
- Now give Chamcham an oval shape and place it on a plate.
- Like wise prepare all Chamcham balls.
Sugar-water has started boiling in pressure cooker (don’t make thread sugar syrup, just boil it so that sugar melts).
- Add all prepared Chamcham one by one in boiling water.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid. When it whistles for once, reduce the flame and cook Chamcham for 7-8 minutes.
- Now turn off the gas and place the cooker in any utensil carrying cold water so that it becomes cooled quickly.
Open the pressure cooker and take out Chamcham in any big bowl along with sugar syrup.
- Stuff Chamcham when it cools down completely.
- How to stuff Chamcham:
- Peel cardamom and make powder. Mash mawa very finely with help of a spoon.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom and really well. Stuffing is ready.
- After soaking Chamcham for 3-4 hours and cooling it down, take it out from sugar syrup.
- Chamcham has become cold, sweet and hard.
- Take when Chamcham and slit it from center keeping it joint from one side.
- Keep Chamcham in one hand and stuffing it with other hand. Garnish with 5-6 pistachios pieces. Like wise stuff all Chamcham.