A nutrient rich chundal made using native legume (brown channa/ kondakadalai).
- Brown chickpea / channa / kondakadalai – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil for tempering – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 10 Nos.
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Grated Coconut- 3 tbsp
- Dried red chilli – 1 nos.
- Soak chickpea for 8 hours or overnight. Adding salt and a pinch of turmeric powder, pressure cook tilll done.
- In a mixer dry grind grated coconut, green chilli and few curry leaves. This is the masala that is going to add taste & flavour to the chundal.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds. After they start spluttering, add remaining curry leaves, dried red chilli and asafoetida powder
- Add the cooked chickpeas, ground coconut mixture and mix well. switch off the gas.
Brown chickpea chundal is ready!