Besan Phirni is a delicious and easy to make Indian dessert.
- Fresh besan 2 tbsp(full)
- 2 tbsp(full) butter or ghee
- 10 almonds(soaked and ground into a paste)
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- A few saffron strands crushed
- 2 1/2 cups plain milk(soak the crushed saffron in this milk)
- 2 tbsps honey
- 3 tbsp caramalized condensed milk
- Sugar 3 tbsps
- 1 tbsp sliced nut(almonds, pistachios, cashew nut)
- Heat ghee and fry the besan on a low flame till the raw smell vanishes and a nice aroma starts coming.
- Take off the flame and cool throughly.
- Heat milk, add the roasted besan n stir throughly till no lumps are left.
- Add cardamom powder, ginger powder and the ground almond paste.
- Cook the mixture well. The consistency should be like a thick soup.
- Add sugar and cook till the sugar has been dissolved.
- Add the condensed milk and honey and give just one boil and take off the flame.
- Garnish with thinly sliced nuts and serve hot or cold. Keep the mixture a little thin as it will become thick as it cools down.