Avial is a classic delicious recipe from the region of Kerala.
- Vegetables – 3 cups
- Slit green chillies – 4 to 5 or to taste
- Thick coconut milk – one carton
- Salt to taste
- curry leaves – few
- Cook all vegetables along with green chllies and salt in a pressure pan with just ½ cup of water for one whistle.
- At this stage, you can strain and remove the water before adding coconut milk, depending on the desired consistency.
- Allow to attain room temperature, add the carton coconut milk and mix well.
- Add curry leaves and a teaspoon of coconut oil for a typical aviyal flavour.