Aval Payasam/ Poha keer is a quick and easy to make indian dessert, which is traditionaly made during gokulashtami and for Akshaya Tritiya.
- Aval or poha (slightly thick variety) -1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Broken cashew – 2 tablespoon
- Cardamom pdr – 1 teaspoon
- Boil milk and keep ready.
- Heat ghee in a vessel and fry aval for 3-4 mts on a medium flame.
- Add cashew and fry for 2 mts more.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Boil on medium heat till aval is completely cooked.
- Add milk and boil on a medium flame for some more time till you get the desired consistency.
- Lower the flame, add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Do not boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes and remove.
- This is an easy sweet for beginners to try first.
- With jaggery:
- Dissolve jaggery in very little water, strain and keep ready.
- After boiling with milk, add cardamom powder and remove from flame.
- Add jaggery syrup and stir continuously for some time to prevent chances of curdling.