Masala Vadai or Parippu Vadai a delicious fried treat made with gram dal.
- Gram dhal – ½ cup (can be 2/3 cup)
- Tur dhal – ½ cup (or 1/3 cup)
- Udad dhal – 2 teaspoon
- Red chillies – 3 to 4
- Green chillies – 3 to 4
- Hing – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few,finely chopped
- Oil – to deep fry
- Soak dhals and red chillies together for 2 hrs.
- Then drain them for 1 hour.
- Grind all ingredients (except curry leaves) without adding water, for short spells at a time,checking that it does not get more ground, than coarse.
- Mix it thoroughly while needing so that consistency is uniform.
- If at all, add 1 or 2 teaspoon water, not more.
- It should reach the consistency that you can hold in hand and pat – not more.
- Pat into small flat discs on a plastic sheet and deep fry.
- When it is half done, simmer the flame and fry so that it becomes crisp.