1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Why do I feel so weak and tired all the time?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by generic, May 28, 2013.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I am in my twenties...from the past 1 year I have been having very low stamina and I get tired very easily...by the time I reach home in the evening I get body pain...My immunity is also not that good... I am not doing any strenuous kind of work ...I am not spending much time travelling also...I am of normal weight for my height...I make sure I get sufficient sleep of 7-8 hrs everyday...I am trying to improve my eating habits and I am taking Iron tablets, multivitamin tablets and calcium supplements everyday, as adviced by doctor...even then not much improvement..I am finding it very difficult in day to day life...while going for outings or long journeys I get tired very quickly... has anyone else faced this prob... any suggestions by which I can improve my energy levels, immunity and health?

Last edited: May 28, 2013

2. me4raj

me4raj Silver IL'ite

Try eating lots of fruits and have milk. Maybe something like women's Horlicks can help. Most of all have a positive attitude and enjoy whatever you do. Read, dance sing or take up any hobby that you really feel happy doing. It will give you the energy and motivation required in life.

sindmani and generic like this.
  3. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

did you get your general check up done..are your tsh levels normal?if not go get it tested..!
    I had same symptoms like yours and my tsh is one number high..it maynot be same for you but,bettr to get your blood work done..take care

4. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Try increasing the iron content in your food. have dates with oranges (vit c helps absorb the iron better), eat more green leafies - spinach, brocolli etc. drink two glasses of milk a day, have dry fruits and nuts like almonds. Establish a regular exercise routnie.

This could help :)

sindmani, geevee68 and generic like this.
  5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

good suggestion..earlier when I had consulted my doctor (general practitioner) , the doc just adviced me in general abt eating habits/lifestyle and prescribed these supplements and multivitamins...that's all...will check with the doc again about blood work.

6. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

You can probably join a fitness class like aerobics, it not only trains your body, but also your mental health. You feel active and vibrant after the class. Like our other friends said, try having oranges along with 2-3 dates everyday too. have shorter meals at regular intervals. Avoid junk food/ sugary foods- they just provide instant energy which dies off almost instantly leaving you dull and tired. Try having foods that slowly release energy and keeps you fuller and active.

7. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi generic i too had the same problem since my college days...... i thought its my nature. i dint care for 2 years. most of the time i lay on the bed. then i started to fell down. so i consulted a doctor. my hemoglobin was very low.. because of that i had low pressure and low sugar. I took carrot+beetroot juice for one month. then my HB level was increased. Now i am not sure i am energetic. But i am not so weak.

Please check your HB.....

sindmani likes this.
  8. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Check your Hormonal imbalances, with a right physician.....
    I repeat... with a right physician

and continue medication as per his/her advice...

All the best

1 person likes this.
  9. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I've been taking iron tablets regularly for quite some time...so my Hb level may not be the reason...

10. bmeerani

bmeerani New IL'ite

Eat Bananas everyday