1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Age Hair Starts Graying? How To Treat?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anika987, Mar 6, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am 38 and have some grey hair.
    What hair dye is best?

Any other remedy to slow grey?

I see ladies around me older than me having black hair.Are they dyeing or I got hair grey early? Coz nobody has black hair.

I eat healthy and relaxed but hair is graying more.

What age does grey start?

If I am in that age bracket..honestly I am happy and accept it else want some remedy..

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

You should probably publish a book - Anika's worries :p
    I have grey hair and no clue when it started . I don't apply any dye.
    I have a feeling you are standing in front of mirror and counting them :lol:

3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

People never had grey hair until the age of 50-60 in the past.They ate nutritious food and used herbal oil,hair packs and herbal shampoos to maintain jet black hair.Did you know that food cooked in Earthen pots and Brass is not only tasty but also retains a high nutritional value between 93 to 100% when compared to food cooked in Aluminum which is 7 to 13%? Ayurveda has always suggested using Earthen pots for cooking.A test conducted recently on the food cooked in different containers gave the above results.

Apart from nutritional deficiencies,pollution,stress and hormonal issues,constant usage of chemical products and tools also contribute to premature hair greying.However there are several home remedies to slow down the greying process.If interested please go through all my replies in this post Looking For Best Quality Hair Colors

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    anika987 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Well all of us at some point worry about hair grey:)

I never noticed much all of a sudden when I saw it no matter what our age is..one do feel a little worry.

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

If you live in US you will get the grey very very soon, because of the treated water and added chemicals . You can`t control the environment, but you can modify your diet with more greens and amla. Amla frozen or amla powder I take almost daily. Amla won`t change the white to black, but it slows down the grey hair in my experience.

signature, virtualkv2020 and anika987 like this.
  6. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Yes amla amazingly works as an anti aging agent.Installing a shower filter also helps!

signature and anika987 like this.
  7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Basically it varies. Stress plays a major role in early graying.mine started around 38 years.
    I am using banjaras mehndi. Its really good and has a burgundy shade also

anika987, shravs3 and virtualkv2020 like this.
  8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Happy that anika has no serious problems to worry about
    :blush:

anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 greying doesn’t depend on age alone. Wish it was dependent only on age :p

Genetics,diet , stress, chemicals etc all contribute to greying process. Would you believe that even teenagers are suffering from this problem.
    There was one gal in my school who was suffering from gray hair, it was almost 75%.

However I have seen my granny suffering from gray hair only few years back. Wish my hair was like hers :confounded:

Most of my mom’s family and my cousins suffered from this at very young age!

I am using henna and indigo combination currently. But I become very cautious if I need to go out as this has strong odour .
    I don’t want to spoil my hair with harsh hair dyes :unamused:

signature and anika987 like this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

At 38, mums are usually concerned about pre-teens and teens at home using, or wanting to use, hair colours. The stress of having to talk them out of it can cause grey hair. Many dyes will have allergic reactions, some are downright toxic to skin. If you are planning to use synthetic dyes, do a patch test on some other part of the body and see how you feel... (never mind the colour)..about the skin's reactions to it.

After posting the above, I noticed the advert on my IL portal page: :hushed:

[​IMG]

shravs3, Rihana and anika987 like this.