1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Snippet I Write Tittle You Give

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 16, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I did not know what tittle to give for this snippet. So I leave it to you all. Since me and my husband are ageing there are some problems. Though he is also having some health problems as this year he will complete 77 yrs but he keeps himself active and always ready to help others and busy in social work. When someone expires he only buys the things which are required to take there. He does not mind carrying but I get scared. This time when my son in law came he has left some novels, accounting and engineering books etc. which my husband said let us give to the library of South Indian Organisation. Since yesterday there is progamme for Ram Navami till tomorrow. So morning he took some accounting books which were so heavy to give them. We had to go to the west and since we had to go to the temple in East he carried those books . If I was able to carry I would have carried . We could have gone by auto but he did not want to spend simply because it will take only 10 mins to walk to the temple. From teh temple I said lets take an auto. He did not wait for the auto to come and started walking. Now a days he cant hear so when He walks ahead it is difficult to callhim and I cant walk fast because of the corn in my leg. He was walking ahead and I saw the auto coming and called him . The auto fellow had to take a turn and come and by that time my husband had already walked ahead and it was difficult for me to call him as he cant hear or go fast to reach him. So I told the auto fellow to go where he is and luckily that fellow understood and went and stood near him. My husband does not want to keep hearing aid too. While watching TV he wants to increase the volume and when any phone call comes we have to reduce the volume. Many people dont like if the volume is high.

I want him to live with luxury but he is always struggling. My son in law is like him only very economic and both have to struggle for somethings. In many cases they are the same and like how I am adjusting with my husband my daughter also adjusts with her husband and has understood him well for which my husband says I have brougth her up like that.

kaniths, Rihana, girvani and 3 others like this.

2. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

maam keep the title "HUM TUM"...as you want to do something else and he will do something different...
    actually i feel this is so common story of almost all couples of ur age. i see my parents and also have seen my grandparents same like this. my mother still struggle to convience my father so something and he always have some alternative. i sometime enjoy that small lovely fight but seriously i get irritated most of the time. i really dont understnad who matched their kundali...lol
    but maam i really feel that in each fight some hidden love is always there....right??

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

There is a subtle difference between austerity and miserliness. If someone is willing to share things with others but try to lead a simple life with no luxury, it is known as austerity. Your husband and son-in-law are perhaps practicing it in life. But what you and your daughter to do support that life style is something remarkable as well.

The right title in my mind is "Austerity".

Viswa

Rihana, iyerviji and knbg like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    This happems in almost all the houses without exception.In certain things wives consider waste and certain other things husbands consider extravagance.
    Argument continues and life pulls on with contradictions.
    many people short of hearing prefer to remain so that they need not listen to conflicting arguments.

But for some, hearing aid causes unnecessary vibrations unimaginable causing irritation and head ache leading to depression.For those people it is better to leave them.My sister's husband after reaching 85 had total loss of hearing.He never felt hesitant to admit this. He used to keep a slate by his side and asked the vistor to write.Then he continued talking for hrs.
    The spendthrifts and calculative persons would have their own wonderful definitions for economy and miserliness.

Some people want to buy gold ornaments, decorate themselves and enjoy.

Some want to invest, see the bank balance and get elated.Becoming happy is the motive.Way of doing is different.Even in helping others some do for winning fame and there is a selfish motive behind it.
    veettukku veedu vaasal padi( every house has thresholds)

jayasala 42

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

It is so sweet that you are not complaining about having to walk yourself, but are more worried about your husband. Every marriage should be like this. :)

iyerviji likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you dear for making myd ay with your first feedback and sorry for the late reply. I was busy attending bhajans so could not get time to reply. Thanks for the tittle. Yes dear when we grow old we come close to each other and the love increases. I know it is a common story everywhere

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Viswa dear for your loving feedback and sorry for the late reply. very true Viswa dear. Thanks for te perfect tittle

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True @jayasala42 Jayakka veettukku veedu vasal padi, I agree cent percent with your feedback.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you dear, he is a gem of a person, so Iam worried about him more than me

Amica likes this.
  10. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin aunty,
    I read your snippet , but couldnt come up with an apt title earlier, that's why I didnt reply.
    As a flash a title came to my mind- "Mutual respect- Essence of a marriage" is the title I am giving to this beautiful snippet about a beautiful couple who are an inspiration to us...:)

iyerviji and Lathasv like this.