1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sister Ghost!!!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rith, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Anitha!! A 26 years old home maker with wheatish complexion married to Bhuvan a full time business man. They live in remote area of a city near to Bhuvan’s factory.

She is scared neither to cockroaches as all ladies do nor to the insects. But no one on the earth knows that she is scared of ghosts. She avoids watching such horror movies. She always pretends to be bold. Even Bhuvan has no idea. Anitha stays alone in that big house.

Anitha kills her time by reading stories, TV shows and chit chat with her friends through online. One fine day, she happened to see the trailer of an upcoming ghost movie.

She was scared to death and changed the channel immediately. Still the fear clasped so deeply in her heart.

She thought “I have never experienced ghost in my life”. She felt relieved. She even started suspecting whether such concepts called ghost really exists in the world. But she felt she is not alone in that house

She went to Pooja room and applied the holy ashes all over her forehead. She decided to stay there till Bhuvan comes.

To her dismay due to some urgent meeting Bhuvan came by 8:30 PM. After hearing his corn honk sound, Anitha ran fast towards the entrance and opened the door.

Seeing her new makeup Bhuvan broke into a big laugh. She ordered him to be quiet but he couldn’t control. He was continuously pulling her legs. After dinner he went to his room. Anitha prepared milk and moved to her room. She felt some one following her. When she turned back there was no one.

She ran fast and locked the door. She was shocked to see Bhuvan has slept already. Afraid to go back to keep the milk in refrigerator she placed the milk glass in hand rester and slept immediately.

After some time, she heard Bhuvan shouting at her to be quiet. Confused she woke up and heard some lady singing. She informed Bhuvan that she is not making any such sound but astonished to realize the sound is real. Bhuvan went to washroom.

Anitha was lying on her left and supporting her left leg in a pillow. She tried to hug the pillow and felt some one is smiling at her. Anitha moved her hands further. She felt she is brushing someone’s hair so deep. When she noticed a lady was lying next to her, she was scared to death. She started shouting at Bhuvan. But only her lips were moving. No sound was coming out of her throat. She couldn’t get up.

No also noticed Bhuvan trying to switch on the lights but lights were not working. She started chanting all known slokas and mantras. When she started chanting, she felt the lady next to was slowly diminishing in air eventually she felt an irritation, a burning sensation starting from her stomach till her throat. Now she is audible.

Bhuvan was shocked to see Anitha chanting mantras so loud in the mid night. He shook her shoulders “Anitha! Anitha. What happened?”

Anitha couldn’t believe whether that was a dream or reality. But the burning sensation was still persisting in her stomach and shoulders. She clutched his hands and saw the digital clock. It showed the time was 1:00 AM. Also she noticed a black shadow next to the clock. She immediately tightened her grip on Bhuvan and closed her eyes.

After 5 minutes, she gathered courage and narrated everything to Bhuvan. He consoled her “I am there na. Don’t worry. Sleep now” he hugged her

Anitha slept peacefully on his warmth. Next day morning they were shaken by the news that Anitha’s sister Vinitha whom she loved a lot died in a car accident by 12:00 PM the previous day. Their parents were informed the next day morning after confirming her identity and getting her contact details!!!

Anitha was shattered hearing that news. So whom she saw last night was VINITHA??

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hello friends! Good morning!

I have shared one of my short stories that I have written during my college days. I couldn't fine tune. Could be an amateured way of writing. Eagerly waiting for your comments and feedbacks.
    Have a good day!

1 person likes this.
  3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

OMG..scary....:drowningstory done ? -- Sorry read your next post later.

You wanted to scare the people who read it and you achieved it.

-- PS

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  4. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful one @Rith dear :) It doesnt seem to be amateur writing :) Its awesome :)

5. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you PS. Glad to know you liked it.

6. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

That was a wonderful story dear. It doesn't look like an amateur writing as meera said.

One small doubt, when did the accident took place afternoon or midnight.

When i read the title name in the tag below while replying to your post in my thread, i felt this could be your new story. See i guessed it right.

7. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Meera. Glad to know you like it

8. Mery

Mery Silver IL'ite

Ooh... Horror story .... It was a bit scary... But enjoyed... wch ever genre of story u write u have that magic in u to keep the readers on the edge of their seats.....good going rith

9. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Nice story @rith.. You could try more.

10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Hey Rith, that was scary but awesome. Can't believe you wrote it so long back. You are a gifted writer and should write more.