1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saree Petticoat Shapewear

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Kera, May 28, 2019.

1. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

Does it really make a difference in how your saree looks if you use normal petticoat vs. Silhouette/shapewear where the petticoat is made of stretchy material.

2. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Normally stretchy one is best when u hav only standing activity such as reception so its good for bridal. Even if its stretchy its not so comfortable. Also its best if ur saree itself is too bulky.

Anusuya and Kera like this.
  3. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I saw a DIY video where a girl used tanktop over her petticoat (in the hip area) to get the shapeware effect. I decided to try it last time I worn saree.

1) It was too hot, after a while I was very irritated at having 2 layer in my petticoat area
    2) I wear my saree by covering my belly by pinning saree boarder to my blouse, this ruins the shape & there was no point in me wearing shapeware
    3) My saree was silk saree with border so it had some bulk to it, which meant shapeware effect wasn't noticed.

I am glad I tried the DIY version instead of spending lot of money to get shapeware & realize it isn't working for me. Thin saree might work better and especially if I don't cover my belly, it would follow shape of hip better