1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Russion School Of Math (rsm) Online Class

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by aarzoo, Jun 22, 2019.

1. aarzoo

aarzoo New IL'ite

Hello Friends

Anybody has any idea about RSM (Russion School of Math)online class? How is it? Should I enroll my kid into RSM online. If your kids is already in RSM online, how was your exp?

Where we live, there is no RSM centre. Thats why I am asking for your suggestion.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

How old is your child? Personally I don't think the online learning format is effective for young children (under 14). Attention and retention are both challenging at that age. I don't have experience with the regular online curriculum at RSM but my child is attending their math competition prep class which is online only. The content is good but I find I have to play an active role for him to get the most out of it — check in during class, help with assignments, test for understanding. If your child is in elementary school take a look at the Beast Academy program offered by Art of Problem Solving (AoPS). The program can be taken online or at home by purchasing the workbooks. We did the Beast Academy workbooks for grades 3,4 and 5 at home and I found the material superior to the content offered by RSM. However it requires significant parental involvement since you don't have the benefit of a traditional classroom-teacher environment and homework help that RSM offers. If your child is a middle schooler, check out the online school at AoPS. Their classes are excellent and you can choose between teacher-led and self-paced programs. I prefer actual classroom learning over online programs for kids but since that is not a consideration I'd recommend the programs at AoPS over RSM.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  3. aarzoo

aarzoo New IL'ite

Thank you Gauri03 for your reply. My daughter will go in 3rd Grade from August 19. Yes I also felt in class room option will be better.. Do you have any suggestion for Mathnasium classes ?