1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please let me know if I am wrong or how can I improve things between me and DH

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priyanka12345, May 8, 2009.

1. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Currently am really pissed off by the way life is going.My DH always does not like my parents especially my mom.Actually initally my mom was against my marriage with him but later on accepted. I had been to US for work purpose and had invited my parents there.After that when they came to mumbai initially also she did not agree but we were keen of marrying in june.She gave excuse of rainy season and said if you want us to attend then postpone it and we will do after monsson.I agreed as I wanted my parents to attend the wedding.I know she was wrong and I accepted it in front of my DH.Still everytime we fight DH will bring that in front.HE goes to extent of saying that my parents wanted US trip and after that the ywanted me to marry.So later they agreed which is not the case.They were against bcos of kundali problems and many had told my mom as well as my MIL that we should not marry.In fact my MIL was the first one to show the horoscope to astrologers.Then later my mom showed patrika to astrologers.HE was not well at our marriage and hence did not want to stand.My dad had said that he need not stand when his frnds etc are around but then it so happened that for photos sometimes he had to st and so he keeps on saying they did not c are for him etc.When in fact his parents also made him stand for all photos.After that due to lack of time we clicked photo with my family first and then his family.That time he wanted to click pics with his family when my dad said that the hall will close.That time too we had clicked photos with his family.we have all photos but not in one particular position.but in that position my parnets and ours photo is clicked so he gets annoyed and repeats the same.

Moreover when we go to meet my parnets or to some gettogether on my side,he will alsways end up creating scene about how my mom spoke etc.Now it was before my bday ,we had gone for wedding of my cousin.My mom gave me gift nicer dicer .He does not want me to use this in our house bcos earlier his sister had given microwave which we returned.Actually it happened like his sister was giving it for our marriage and she did not tell us.She took my MIL and went .My MIL told us in case we need to pay by card then they would call my DH.They could have invited us as it was for our marraige but she did not.So we both were angry.I myself had then asked DH that it was fine and he should take it.But he never listened and returned it.Now he blames me for pinpointing his sisters mistake and bcos of me he returned that microwave.So now since he did not like this nicer dicer ,( he has not even seen it ) so i should not use this and he expects I tell my
    mom that as i returned microwave , i cannot use this nicer dicer also.I said iwont tell mom and not use it in his house.When i will buiy a house i will use that.But i know am not going to buy the house.I have not shown it to IL s also.Mu dad keeps asking did i use it or showed it etc. What do i tell them?

my bday i asked my IL and SIL who is divorcee to come with us.First they said my DH that we noth shuld enjoi .My DH felt how good they are.Then still I insisted that they come along.They gave excuse my SIL comes later any time so then it will be problem .But my SIL came at 8.She went out with her frnds i guess also on that day.But my IL did not ask hert to wait and that we all go.I had insisted 5 times atleast.But still my DH feels they r so understanding.They never want to join
    us for movies etc.I actually dont want them too but then atleast i should not hear from DH that I dont want to go with them.When I dont ask , I am wrong.When I ask and they dont come, the ILS are great.Moreover the day defore bday , my IL thought that day wqas my bday and so wished me.that time they had cooked the vegetable i dont like.Then on next day i.e actual bday they cooked vegetable i like and said see we have cooked what she likes to my DH.My DH felt how gr8 they are when actually they had cooked what i did not like on what they thought was my bday.

I am really unhappy with all this.He doesn ot want to visit my parents too.My parents keep asking is my DH coming etc.Now he has started insulting them sayoing anything and repeating same above things abt what they did, while in fights.My MIL does not let me cook also.I wanted to learn roti an d had asked her to keep 4 dough balls so that I can make them.She insisted on 2 .I s aid no pls keep 4.Still in the end she kept only 2.I felt like she does not want to give my DH those rotis as only 2 i have.So if i had made 4 my DH would have ahad.In the end i made 2 . My DH took one .I insited nope let me have that 2 .it was not at all bad but then I felt why give him when his mom does not want.But he started blackmailing like i wont have dinner.So i gave hiom.But that time i said i dont have freedom to make 4 rotis also.This all made him angry.I just told hi mand not his MOM. still he compared whether i wuld do this to my mom etc.I cant take all this any more.

I cannot tell this to anyone as my parents will feel bad that even though they had insited I still married and now am not happy.But I always am in fix abt my husband wanting to tell my parnets what mistake they do and I do noot wantt o as it is not their mistake.

I know its a long post may be a boring one, but I really need your help.Please guide me and let me know what wrong am I doing and should I be in this relation.

Last edited: May 8, 2009

2. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs

Please help me..

3. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

i think u had mentioned about this problem earlier also.
    anyway, coming back to your problem, it is a problem but NOT A BIG ONE..
    i think u should tell your mother that DH is like this and if sometimes he behaves irrationally in front of her , not to mind.
    also u can talk to your DH , when he is in a good mood.
    about the MIL and SIL problems, these are a part and parcel of married life, can't do much about it,
    i think we should not take physical abuse from anyone.minorproblems are solvable.

4. nithuraman

nithuraman New IL'ite

Dear priyanka

This is very common problem.......in love marriage.
    for some time dont argue with your hubby.....arguement leads to problem rather thatn solving it. remind your hubby that you both loved each other to live together and not to fight and end with something else. talk with your ask him wat is he expecting from you. If he does'nt like you going to your parents house then dont go for some months.....i know its vey hard. even if they call you for some function then give some excuse and stay at home. try to avoid fighting in front of your inlaws. Try for baby if you have not planned then plan immediately because baby can sove so many probs. Try to avoid supporting your parents in any arguement. if your hubby is pointing out something of your mother's talk or work just leave it...ask him what does he think that she could have doen if he is right then support him if not, tell him she could have tought this way and done that or told that. Dont keep on justifying your parents.if your hubby is blameing your mother or he is praising...she is not going to become a lord or xyz. she wil remain the same. If your inlaw does'nt allow you to cook then no probs just help while she is cooking. when you come to mother's place try all kind of dishes you want to.....
    hope this would be useful
    regards
    nithu