1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need People When Old

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 18, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

When young people have no time to think of others. We should be the same whether we are young or old. More than our own people friends help us when in need.

Now a days many senior citizens are facing this problem as their children are away due to job. In many houses only husband and wife are there. So one if them is sick the other has to look after. If a man falls sick not much problem, but if the wife is sick and that too for a long time then it's very difficult. That time he thinks of his own family people and wants them to be in touch. Gets depressed when no one is in touch.

Life is like that if we are good all good things happen. In kaliyug everything happens im mediately.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Oooo Viji MA!

Yong children also are depressed away from parents ! they to miss the childhood days carefree and happy...
    its an infinite loop of happiness, loneliness....happiness...

don't know what the solution is...

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true Ashima dear. We can only pray to God to keep everyone happy

Children have a busy life due to their job, but since old people have time to think they feel lost

4. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Dear viji maa
    I feel all the working group of people who are away from parents and relatives are facing the challenge of relationship maintainence.After the marriage most of the times its shared goals.
    Friends become handy and easier source to youngsters who stay away from parents to share everything with them. This cycle throws them into depression when friends are emotionally unavailable and then turn towards parents as they are the only saviours.
    They cannot quit their jobs to move closer to parents. Cannot take too many leaves.sometimes not possible to take their parents to live in the same house.
    I feel youngsters are also in depressed and helpless state(I am definitely not a relationship expert)This is what i experienced staying away from parents after marriage and job purpose.
    On the otherside...parents always contribute
    For upbringing for their child till they get married then wait for their grand children. Work like crazy for the grandchildren when they are in infant stage.with all this work they have to take care of themselves if they fall sick.This way they contribute their Golden time (neglecting their health as it not will not become their priority with all this work) for their children and grandchildren.

5. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Sunset years are suppose to be the golden years of life...... But unfortunately for most people life becomes a solitary one due to children living far away..... It is indeed very depressing for most parents and depressing for the children as well.....though harsh but one has to accept life and develop a healthy social life with an accessible support system......

iyerviji, goldenhoney87 and Greenbay like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Our ancestors were very wise in advising Vanprasthashram for the old people. Till recent years people didn't care for it but now increasing number of people are opting for Oldage homes where they will find more people of their age-group and can interact better.

Maybe everything depends on fate. Some good people don't get their children or relatives company in the old age yet some very nasty people get all the company+love+care. These days online contacts are our dearest people! A senior friend tells me that technology is the best friend to alleviate loneliness.

7. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Rightly said. Weekend was Father’s Day. FB, WhatsApp are flooded with goody goody words. Happened to read one of friend’s tribute to his father. I know this family personally. Father cheated his own siblings, fought with his parents so much that those old parents’ last days were miserable. But my friend and his sister adore their dad (atleast based on the glowing tributes they write in FB every Father’s Day or their dad’s birthdays).

They were aware of what happened to their grand parents and their uncles/aunts due to their dad’s selfish deeds but still their public love to their dad makes me not to believe in the saying ‘you reap what you sow’:BangHead:

iyerviji and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my snippet. You have explained so we'll about both children and old age people. Reading it I first went and nominated your feedback.

9. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Thank You viji maa.very glad to receive your feed back.:relaxed:
    There was a lot of commotion in my mind after the marriage as i have to move away to a new place.Myself being a doctor taking leave from work was always a big problem.I could never spend time with my grand parents and parents.
    All the situations put together helped me to analyse your post better

iyerviji likes this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True.senior citizens feel lonely. Seen relatives who are senior citizens become busy and happy when their children and grandchildren come to see them. It is heart whelming to see their love for their family.
    Yes definitely good begets good.

iyerviji likes this.