1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Marriage & Arranged Marriage - Friendship Vs Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Apr 8, 2016.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 19:

Sensei stopped near a restaurant and she went to the entrance.. She opened the door and asked something in a raised voice and then took the couple inside.

Rachna entered the restaurant and at once her nose sensed cigarette fumes in air. She tried not to make faces just to save her dignity.

All four sat in a big table. Their next table was very big and there was a very big family sitting together. Rachna glanced at them for a moment causally and she felt their faces were little different from the typical Japanese faces.

"This is not a Japanese restaurant! You need not panic about the food. This is a Korean restaurant" the Sensei's voice popped out.

"oh okay" Rachna smiled at her thinking Japanese or Korean whats the difference that is going to make? at least for me.

Rachna's eyes again went to the neighboring table. The head of the family was smoking and he was sitting adjacent to Rachna. She tried her best not to cough for the Cigarette smoke as they might consider it as offensive. She was thinking how she use to give death stare to the people who smoke in Public places in her country.And now am sitting in a place like this? she asked herself.

The waiter came and a placed a plate full of raw meat in front of her. Rachna rolled her eyes and she looked at Keshav. As always he dnt look at her and was busy talking with Sensei's husband.

Oh my God! Its true that I eat Chicken at times. It doesnt mean that I can eat raw meat.!! At once her brain flashed all the slokas and mantras that she use to chant in her pooja room everyday!!

Whats is this?!! What will I do now?!! If I say no, they will feel bad is it?!! Rachna's mind popped up too many questions in few seconds and Keshav resolved everything in a second.

"We need to cook that and eat! Not raw! Dont worry" he whispered in her ears.

"Uff!! cook and eat... then its fine..." she relaxed herself.

But how to cook.. Her eyes were wandering here and there trying to see what others are doing.

Sensei and her husband were busy sipping beer and Sensei's husband was asking Keshav to join them for the drink.

"No!! I dont drink! Even if its just beer" Keshav denied politely. But Sensei's husband kept asking him to join and even Keshav dnt surrender. He kept denying.

"Here they drink before eating is it?!! usually in our country, we eat and finally we drink right?" Rachna whispered.

"Yeah! here they order the drink first... they have it parallely with food" Keshav ended.

Sensei saw Rachna's face and called out "Lachna San...!!! (They use La instead of Ra and San is just like "Ji" in hindi. Its honorific. And no one calls each other without San.)

Hearing her voice, Rachna's head turned towards Sensei. Oh my God! My name has become Lachna!! A slight amusement tried to crawl over her lips. She converted that amused smile into a polite one before her eyes met Sensei's.

"sorry!! We have beer everyday. But not more than this 1 cup! Its too common here" - Sensei said with a slight hesitation.

Rachna smiled at Sensei "Yeah no problem mam."

"But I heard in India, people drink too much that they empty even their salary. I heard even people hit their wives after boozing and all.... My indian friend told me.... Thats so sad about India" she said with a real pity.

Keshav and Rachna glanced each other for a second but dnt know what kind of response they should give for this topic and they just ended it with a polite smile.

"Come On Lachna San!! Lets start eating. I will teach you. Dont worry. You dont need to eat raw meat" she smiled cutely.

"The fear in my eyes is so visible!?!! Everyone came to know?!! Rachna smiled with a nod.

She took the raw meat with a chopstick. She was actually trying to be comfortable with Chopsticks. Soon they ordered a fork seeing the way she managed.

She was relaxed seeing the fork. She took the raw meat pieces in fork and all of a sudden she saw fire fumes which were coming from the table. There were inbulit grill stoves under every table and thats how it has to be eaten. So she put the raw meat pieces along with few vegetable pieces and allowed them to cook.

Before it got cooked, Rachna tried to have a look at the restaurant and the people sitting there.

It was not a typical Japanese restaurant. And definitely not a posh one. A very small restaurant which had a big hall with 6 to 7 big tables and their chairs. The people were too simple. May be the locals. Everyone have come with their family or with their loved ones. Happiness in everyone's face. Few were having alcohal.. Few were smoking.. No worries in their faces. They enjoyed that moment and nothing else could be seen on the smiling faces. Rachna felt happy seeing those happy people there. Seems they come regularly to that restaurant. She felt very different to be in a different place. She felt as if she was in a different world. The different language, the different food, different people, their habits... everything made her feel happy for no reason... She just kept smiling within herself seeing everyone and everything there.

All of a sudden the lights were turned off and it was dark. A guy walked in with a very small bun cake and a small candle on it. The small cake was kept on the table in front of a girl and the girl was taken away by the sudden surprise. Her eyes were glittering with moistness. The guy made her cut the cake and everyone were clapping their hands and sang a song with happiness all over their face.

"Seems its her birthday and the guy already informed the shopkeeper to turn off the light just to give her surprise" - the Sensei said.

Rachna was taken away by that cute act and she kept seeing the couple now and then..

"Lachna San! See! The meat is cooked. Dip it in that sauce and have it" - Sensei sounded happy/

Rachna did as per guidance and her taste buds got introduced to an awe somatic cuisine that day. She loved the other dishes as well and enjoyed her dinner to the core with occasional glances at the birthday couple.

So Lachna San (Rachna ;-)) was done with her dinner and she was busy sipping the mango juice.

It was time for the shop to get closed and people started leaving. She saw the guy walked away by pushing the birthday girl's wheelchair. Rachna was totally touched by seeing that incident and she kept staring at the couple. "Wow!! Such a lovely couple" she smiled without her knowledge. Kept staring at them till they went out of her sight. She was about to get lost in thoughts but dnt as she heard the shopkeeper's voice.

she turned her head to see the shopkeeper. The lady with an apron came out from the kitchen and she said "Anato no Tsuma wa Kawai desu" to Keshav and Keshav gave a very wide smile with happiness all over his face and the Sensei continued saying something and that made Keshav's happiness double and his smile had a faint blush in it.

Rachna's eyes were asking him to translate the conversation and he said "The shopkeeper said that you are looking too cute and my Sensei says that you are cute and thats why I married you".

Once hearing this, Rachna turned away her face from Keshav in order to hide her smile and blush.

Keshav trying to control his smile said "the shopkeeper wants to attract customers. Moreover we are foreigners na. So she would have told so! dont take it seriously" he ended with a naughty smile.

Rachna saw Keshav and asked "Then your Sensei!? whats the reason behind her words"

"um....she.....aaah... she would have just told to bring a smile on your face. Thats it! Dont be on cloud nine!" he turned away his face with a smile.

"The jealous guy" Rachna murmured and smiled with a blush.

After that Keshav tried to look at Rachna from the corner of his eyes.

A three fourth jean.. a long white shirt.. her loose hair being held by a thin white plastic head band....those lovely lovely eyes...the naughtiness in that... No wonder everyone is saying she is cute..and yes thats why I married her.. Keshav thought.

Sweetynila, Arunarc, Deepu04 and 5 others like this.
  2. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Wow dear another one already posted. I just liked the way Keshav reacted and how he teased Rachna. So hoping that now you will reveal his feelings for Rachu. Waiting too eagerly.

3. IniyaaSri

Ha Ha!! Lets see whether Keshav reveals it or not :grin::grin:

4. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

I meant you will reveal to us.

5. IniyaaSri

Thats what dear!! I meant it will take time kind of... to reveal his feelings:grinning:
    Naa story kulla moozhgi...Keshav point of view la irundhu pesiten :grimacing::grin::facepalm:

sreeram likes this.
  6. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Oh ok ok dear. No issues. Appadiye Keshav point of view inga sollidunga :grin:

7. IniyaaSri

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    So cute!!! :smile::smile::kissingheart:

sreeram likes this.
  8. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Iniyaa ...so cute ..we also want to know abt keshav's side of story (flashback) in parallel :)

9. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

OMG Ini dear!! I missed so many episodes!! You are awesome dear. You never make us wait. loved every episode dear :) Wow Mathew :D :D Eagerly waiting to know what happened between Mathew and Lachna! :p I loved the way you described Mathew and his try. Love u dear :kissingheart::kissingheart:

10. IniyaaSri

Hey Usha dear!! Happy for your feedback!! :banana:
    And yeah I will resolve everyone's doubt soon :tonguewink:
    Please bear with me.. Am just experimenting with this story!!:grin:
    So lets see and everything will be revealed.:thumbsup: