1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Marriage & Arranged Marriage - Friendship Vs Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Apr 8, 2016.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 14:

“So how was your day?” Keshav’s voice interrupted her from enjoying the beauty of moon.

“Yeah it was good. Veena came. She introduced me to few Indian ladies here. Also we both went to many shops here.”

“Good” – Keshav

“Seems she is from Karnataka. Some small village near Mangalore…” – Rachna

“Hmmm”

“Seems she don’t know proper English. She told me to correct her” – Rachna said in a flat tone

“Yeah yeah! You are from Cambridge right” Keshav said with an intention to tease her.

Rachna gave him an angry look.

“This is the shop I guess” Saying this Keshav entered the shop and Rachna followed him.

The shop was empty and the shop keeper greeted them saying “Namaste”

Rachna loved the pleasant ambience of the restaurant. Few indian paintings, sarees, wooden elephants were to used to decorate and there was an Indian flag as well.

Rachna was excited seeing the menu and she ordered “Maalai chicken” and Keshav ordered few other starters.

The dishes arrived and Rachna and Keshav were enjoying it without even uttering a word.

“Fine! Done with the starters! Lets order Biriyani now” – Rachna sounded happy

They ordered and Rachna was imagining about the spicy Biriyani and the yummy chicken piece.

She even thought about Raita as a combination and her eyes were twinkling thinking on everything about Biriyani…The aroma of biriyani… The fluffy rice blended with the flavor of chicken…two chicken legs sauted in masala… Wow….she just closed her eyes to see the image of biriyani inside her closed eyes.

Her dream was interrupted hearing the sound made by the plates. She opened her eyes and saw the biriyani..She felt like crying.. That so called Biriyani was made with fat Japanese rice. Japanese rice tend to be too sticky than the usual rice.

She convinced her heart and heaped her spoon with biriyani and put it inside her mouth.. There was no salt. No spice.. just boiled chicken pieces. No Chicken leg. The rice was too sticky. May be typical Japanese rice.. She was not even able to swallow that dish in the name of biriyani. Japanese rice suits for Japanese dishes. But trying Indian Biriyani with sticky Japanese rice?!! Terrible idea thought Rachna.

Keshav tasted a spoon and struggled to swallow.

The shop keeper was little friendly and he stood in front of the couple with a smiling face and asked

“Was the biriyani Good?!! Your place is famous for biriyani right? Did I justify?” his face was so innocent and Keshav replied him saying “Too good bhaiyaa!!”

Rachna gave a death stare to Keshav and Keshav was trying hard to control his naughty smile that were ready to be displayed by his lips.

“Bhaiya our stomach is full! Can you please pack this?” – Rachna tried to escape

“Sure madamji” he went in happily taking the biriyani plate.

Keshav and Rachna came out with the packed biriyani. While coming out Rachna saw a big gang of Japanese were entering the restaurant.

“Order anything. But not biriyani” Rachna felt like saying this to them. Both started walking away from the shop. Rachna couldn’t control and asked “How can you say that its good?!! Don’t you have a heart?” – her voice was filled with shock

“I dnt want to hurt that innocent smiling face!! See how happy he was when we told him its too good” – Keshav replied

“yeah yeah!! You are too nice even to a stranger but not to wife!! Nice policy” she murmured.

Keshav dnt care to ask about her murmur.

“Oh God!! How many types of Biriyanis my tongue has enjoyed.. Hyderabad biriyani, Dingukkal biriyani, Lucknow biriyani, Malabar biriyani ..uff the list doesn’t stop…. Today the biriyani that I had!! Wont forget this in my life time”

Rachna kept her face as if she is going to cry. Keshav dnt bother to reply her.

“God!! Marrying this crazy guy!!” Rachna murmured with anger and both reached home.

Keshav started playing his game religiously and Rachna was alone again.

She kept chatting for sometime with her friends in whatsapp and she logged in to facebook.

“You have got a memory on this day” the message got displayed.

When she clicked, she saw her convocation photo.

She smiled seeing the photo! She was standing with her college friends with a smiling face.

“My convocation day… The most memorable day of my life…. The day I met the love of my life.” Rachna smiled sitting alone..

It was 8 am and Rachna was getting ready for her convocation.

Rachna wore her black cotton saree and a subtle metallic necklace. She sprayed hair spray & perfume checking the wall clock. Hey you look stunning in black she winked at herself seeing the mirror.

She reached her college and the college was already ready to welcome everyone for the convocation function. Rachna met all her friends. Few girls have got married, remaining were working in MNCs just like Rachna.. Few have changed from boyish look to Manly look. Some guys continued their masters. Some took their dad’s business. There were many changes in many people. Everyone enjoyed the convocation and Rachna walked towards the bus stop. Someone patted her from behind. She turned

“Hey Rahul!!! How are you?!!” She exclaimed in happiness

“Am fine. How are you?!! Long time no see” – Rahul smiled

“Hello sir!! I should tell that!! I even called your mobile. But there was no response” – Rachna said with fake anger

“Sorry yaar! Little busy with my dad’s business. I keep travelling always” – Rahul said softly

“Oh wow! So how is the business” – Rachna asked casually

“Leave about my business Rachna. Lets talk about your business now” his lips were soaked with his soft smile.

“My business?! You know right? I got selected in campus interview itself” – Rachna said with confusion

“You dumb girl!! You are still the same! Come. Lets have a coffee” – Rahul pulled her hand

“How about our canteen coffee?” Rachna laughed out

“I have an important meeting in office tomorrow. Please don’t make me sick. – Rahul pretended to plead her.

Rachna and Rahul started walking towards the nearby coffee shop. Since it was a week day there were very few couples sitting in the coffee shop. A mild hindi song was playing. Both sat opposite to each other and soon Rachna excused herself to the restroom.

She washed her face and combed her hair. Eyeliner and Kajal lifted up her face and she was looking pleasant.

“Refreshed?” – Rahul

“Yeah Rahul! Such a tiring day! I was looking dull and tired! It wont be good if I sit as such in this ambience” Rachna said with a short smile.

“Ok Rachna! Will tell you everything straight away”

“Yes please” – Rachna

“Please don’t create any scene here. Since I know you well, I am telling this." - Rahul

“Enough of the build ups. Come to the point” - Rachna said in a serious tone

“This might be a shock or surprise to you! Depends on how you take it” – Rahul

Rachna kept quiet. (Let him finish his story. Then let me talk. By the way what he is going to tell? Let it be whatever. I will handle it.)

Rahul saw those bold eyes.

“Rachna.. actually a guy is in love with you for the past two years!!”

2. IniyaaSri

:kissingheart::kissingheart: posted one :smile::tonguewink:

StrangerLady likes this.
  3. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Ha ha ha could literally imagine Rachus reaction for this question.
    My god Rachu.. too gud.
    Beautiful lines. Rachu dear u have packed the biriyani know, make ur hubby eat it at home. U have to reward him for his sweetness;)

Hmmm u stopped here u gal very bad. Now who is this guy who is in luv with her, is it keshav or any other guy, may be a different guy n tats the reason for the current animosity. Pls tell gal.

4. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

This is only half missing. Where is the remaining missing?:wink:. Jus kidding. Luv u darl:kissingheart::kissingheart:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  5. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Nice story and i read it in one go..What a narration babie doll..Amazing it is. eager to know who is in love with her..

6. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

oh no:sweat: need to wait for tomorrow to knw who is that lucky guy :)

7. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful episodes Ini sweety.. Stopped at wrong point :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
    You are toooo good dear :) Can visualize everything. You took me to Japan without Visa ;) Eagerly waiting to know what happened next! Very interesting!

8. IniyaaSri

Thanks Maha darling!!!:grinning:
    omg!! That's a fantabulous idea that you gave!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: You are a genius Maha :clapclap:
    Seriouly she should make him eat that Biriyani :lol::lol:
    Lets wait and watch the remaining :relaxed::relaxed:

StrangerLady likes this.
  9. IniyaaSri

Hey that's so nice of you Rith!! :blush::blush:
    Thanks dear :blush::blush:

10. IniyaaSri

Ha Ha!! just tomorrow dear :wink: