1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I like her too, esp that book. The whole Shopaholic series is a fun read.

So bday preps in full swing then. Are you having a big party?

Latha - I too am feeling the effects of anemia. Last night i was checking a new steth I had bought on myself and discovered I have a heart murmur probably due to anemia, thats how bad it is! DH looked at me afterwards and said I am looking rather pale...so I start on iron tonight.I'd forgotten how tired it can leave you - I was attributing the triedness to running after A and starting work....I really hate iron pills but no go I guess.

V.

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Bit exhausted here, but surviving... BF is going on well - just that V seems to feed every hour to hour and half and with the flat nipples it is painful at times. It sometimes feels he is permanently attached my breast! The LCs say he has a decent latch, but I think he ends up chomping on the nipple a little bit. But V is peeing and pooping well and is gaining weight. Yay! Although I do think sometimes that pumping may be more efficient since V only feeds on one side at a time and it seems forever and then he is hugry again!

Uma, goodluck with the party preps. Are you having a themed party? P used to be a Barney fan sometime back.

Krithika - I vote for an IUD - the doctor asked me abt getting tubes tied and somehow I don't like these seme-permanent methods.

Raj, good that you enjoyed the weekend with DH.

Latha, I wish I could smell spring in the air. Cold here and snow and freezing rain (not that I'm going out, but still)

Vanathi, I hated the iron pill too - discovered that the pulpy orange juice does help with the associated constipation.

P goes back to daycare today after his week long break. I hope he does that without too much theatrics. DH is off for a couple more days and then he is also back to work.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Sindhu - Hang in there...it does get easier with time. For me atleast the first 2 months were one big blur but everything became so much better after 10 weeks or so. Do sleep as much as you can during the day. Hope P is still being good...

V.

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Sindhu, Oh yeah I remember those new born days. The constant your-boobs-is-mine-nursing! It lasted well past two months for us, but after a point I got so much of reading done once WE learnt to nurse using other positions. Given K's spit up, sidelying was out of question for us, but I know of many well-rested new moms thanks to side-lying position :thumbsup. How are you feeling after the c-section?
    Latha, I am one of those with a good iron level most of the time, but I know automatically when they are down. I find food like egg yolks/spinach a better source than iron pills (I actually dont mind them, more importantly my body does not mind them.) A friend of mine was constipated all through her pregnancy and hated every minute of iron pills. Ditto on Orange juice.
    Our Dishwasher went kaput:crazy:crazy after three uses// Just the day for it to go off, I have migraines and DH work deadlines. The engineer says someone has turned the programming dial anti-clockwise - not a possibility if we dont have poltergeists. Kiran is scared of the thing and DH has used DWs when he lived both in France and the US. It so happens at my parental home, we still have our 20 year old washing machine in excellent working condition. When I was trying to re-load the machine thinking I had not loaded it properly, I found missing screws; looking up some of the documentation that came with the machine today we realise the machine was imported in 2005 and is in pretty bad repair! I smell a law suit!

5. booboo

booboo Senior IL'ite

Sindhu hope you r back to normal soon. R u going for any massage to relax. I had a tough time with my MIL and with a newborn. It was the most challenging phase and massage helped me and my mom with me helped a lot to relax. I didn't think of any theme wanted her to grow a lil bigger to understand and enjoy, i was wondering what indoor games to organise for the kids. This time we're having it at home and we have about 25 members and i'm going to cook!!!!
    Yes Vanathi we're having a party at home!!!!Booboo's going to be dressed in chinese traditional dress this time. Will upload the photos. Hope you're enjoying work, you must be thrilled to start back, r u missing Aadhu?
    Raj how's Riya doing? Is she asking her dad?
    Latha how's Anish? Is he feeling better now?
    Take care all

Uma

6. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Sindhu, I am glad you are consulting a LC, and I remember those days too when Riya was stuck to me ALL the time (oh, and I remember the stress and exhaustion that came with it too).

Vanathi, I am finally giving in and going to try some hot milk with turmeric. I have been having this terrible dry cough that is just annoying. When you said pepper, did you mean black pepper? I just boiled milk with turmeric and gud (vellam).

Krithika, that dishwasher didn't last long, did it? What a pain! I hope you are feeling better. What do you do when you get migraines? I bet it's not fun to have those monster headaches with a toddler around. Hugs to you.

Well, we are having a severe ice storm since last night. I have never seen anything like this before - it's a winter wonderland. Everything is covered with icicles and look so pretty, but oh so nasty and treacherous. We had 3 inches of snow that is now all ice, and there's atleast an inch of ice on the tree limbs and electric cables. Our back porch have icicles hanging down that are atleast 5-6 inches long!! Some of our friends are going through power outages. Thankfully, we are doing good so far. Hubby had bought two large cans a while back and filled it with water and left it in the garage for emergencies, and I have got enough food that doesn't need to be cooked since our stove and oven is electric too!

It worries me how I will manage if such a situation arises with no hot water or light and with an overactive toddler and two equally overactive dogs. I am praying that doesn't happen. Friends have been so wonderful to us, calling and checking on us. We are truly blessed.

Raj

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Good luck with the party planning. Yes, she keeps asking about him and it was good that he could come this past weekend. You should have seen the look on her face when he walked into her room in the morning. It was so cute, after I changed her diaper, she walked to him with her arms wide open and gave him a big hug.

Last week, she was walking around with a picture of him that was on the fridge, I even took videos and sent it to hubby. :) That picture was in tatters by the end of the day so I got one of those Sassy photo albums and got some prints of her and her daddy. She walks around with that picture album now and shows it to everybody who visits us. Truly, a daddy's girl! :)

Raj

8. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

I am very depressed. We just found out today at work that we are not getting any raises this year. It is very disappointing to know that all the hard work, all the sacrifices you and your family made, does not mean anything. The timing frustrated me. We come out of this town hall meeting talking about how great we are doing and how much money our company didn't lose and kudos to all the hard work. And I open an email that says, oh..btw, no raises this year!!!!. Totally pissed me off. I know times are tough but this sucks!! Now don't get me wrong, I am glad to have a job. I love my job but I was hoping that all the extra effort I took this past year was worth something. My dad says do your deed and rest will follow. I don't know..i hope things improve ...soon....I had to get this out of my system...sorry girls..

Raj- Riya is so cute. It is so adorable to see the little ones express their feelings and thoughts without uttering a single word. My princess used to walk through each and every room of our house, trying to find her dad. Now that she is able to verbally communicate, she says "daddy is woking in fish". I am not sure how we will do when he has to be out of town for a week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. You be careful on the roads. I can't imagine being stuck home with a busy toddler and pets. Daddy enjoying being back in school eh??

Sindhu- How is the big brother doing? I am more concerned about sibling rivalry. My princess is a total mommys girl. I feel she will have issues if and when we have another baby. I am glad varun is doing good. Is there anything you do or don't do to make sure that big brother adjusts fine to the new baby? Just curious.

Vanathi- So completely adjusted to being a working mom? Howz Aadhu these days? I am sure he is spoiled by Thatta paati. He must be enjoying it..:)

Krithi- Thats bad to have the Dishwasher work only a few times. My mom had a DW installed and Dad decided to move to a different town. I have no clue if she has used it at all. Who knows if it even works now. My DH says he is the "Dishwasher" in our house. Hey it works for me..:)

Alright..time to sulk and try to get some sleep..

Sakshi..

9. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

This thread is running at an express speed, I guess I am late..How are you mommies doing?

Oh Krithi, yours too? I guess all MILs are universally the same...Yesterday, when playing with LO, MIL said "Ben has no mommy..." She repeated the statement twice and then suddenly realized my DH was present in the room and put an addendum saying "but Hannan (Ben's 2nd name) has mommy." All her attacks are like this while playing with him. So I cannot ask her anything because she was only "kidding" and I would seem silly making a mountain out of a molehill...

It seems so, Vanathi...Perhaps we should be calling it MIL instinct. I think the underlying reason is possessiveness for their sons. But why aren't they possessive with their daughters? If their daughter has a good husband, they boast away about it...If their son is a good husband to DIL, they cannot digest that! :idontgetit:

Its quite a challenge to remain sane, Sakshi. I have to drill this into my head not to mind any of her insensible/insensitive statements. I am really tongue tied and keep telling myself that it only shows her immaturity.

Raj - Hope you and the baby are doing good...It must be quite difficult with the bad weather...How long is this expected to last?

Sindhu - Congrats on Varun's arrival...It must be really taxing with both the kids....Reminds me of a news article I read today...that a lady gave birth to octuplets and is planning to breastfeed all of them!! :eek:mg:

Latha - Hows life treating you there? So you are good at gardening too? Seems like you are an all-rounder..

Okay guys...Time to get back to work...Take care all of you...

Radhee

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hey girls,

i typed atleast 10 times y'day... 5 times my wireless got worked up and 5 times i got error msg in ILRant. i'll be back with rants later today....

Uma,

thanks for asking dear... Aniish was given a home-made remedy of coriander+omum decoction and he was well sunday morning itself.. thank God. I am not ready for another round of vomitting, cold...

oh boo boo will look so cute in chinese dress. last week i saw one at h&m but damn expensive. oh i can't wait for ananya to start walking.. it'll be summer and she can wear pretty frocks:)

soon then...
    Latha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.