Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I dont know how others feel but if you throw 15-18 words and ask me to pick 1 important from each picture it results in lots of permutation combinations.

If there are only two images with words and two images that I could consider as such it will help in general. Or if you dont want to provide direct picture clues it could be some indirect reference.

I still remember Such picture clues like Gauris Panini where the reference was to another linguist Chomsky. Its just me.

Once its solved it seems easy and makes sense too but while approaching I just go round and round. JMHO

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

An excellent puzzle @kaniths. I would have never guessed it.

You pretty much suggested to put one word from each image to arrive at the answer at some point. You are so right. I did try the combination you have mentioned above.

For some strange reason, perhaps because of my previous search history, Google was not even close to the answer.

I enjoyed working on this puzzle even though I didn't get the answer. I will look forward to your thoughts on puzzle construction.

Viswa

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Thank you jskls & Viswa...

@jskls As I said earlier, there may be 15 words. For ex - Many were called, Few were Chosen. The 'implied' meaning here is someone / something being chosen. So the keyword to be extracted is 'chose / chosen / choose'. So far from my puzzles, you can make out one thing very clearly that I donot most times give direct references. So if there are many possible answers, ex Casablanca song as you pointed out, I had say you instead focus on checking the underlying meanings of the quotes / words.

Even otherwise too, in any scenario, there had be only one word in the text clues that would / should make sense, which is the hidden keyword.

To find that one keyword....
    "You are the one" - break down this - You + are + the + one. What seems possibly the important words here? You or one isn't? Getting it?

"As time goes by" - break down & important word out of that cluster is Time...right?

Also most times all the clues will be supporting one another, so approach them collectively... Someone / something being chosen, you r the one! Meaning, you r the 'chosen' one! For what? Add Time keyword, then the answer reveals itself!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    Gauri03, Viswamitra and jskls like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Kaniths finally when I realised that it was Time's person of the year I still ended up with some German chancellor. Ennavo ponga (I dont know how to translate this but its nothing offensive)

5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

No issues jskls... I have already driven away Amica, Rudrakshi, PriyaSrini, CCups... Don't wanna see you, G ji & Viswa vanish too! Maybe I ll post picture clues henceforth. Deal okay? :)

Gauri03, coffeecups and jskls like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

"Ennavo ponga" by jskls = "Whatever" by Kaniths. :)

Viswa

coffeecups, kaniths and jskls like this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha lol! True though! :yum:

Viswamitra and jskls like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Every puzzle maker has their own style. Dont change it for my sake. For a puzzle maker its hard if participation is low. So told u frankly Kaniths. No other way I can communicate to u.

Viswamitra and kaniths like this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

its okay jskls, i asked for open thoughts isnt? Feedbacks help to realign so i dont mind... :)

Viswamitra and jskls like this.
  10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Next Puzzle
    Level : Easy
    puzzl.jpg
    Verbal Clue: Related to Kaniths in a way.

Amica, kaniths and Gauri03 like this.