1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just Think.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinklingstar, May 5, 2016.

1. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

Generally it happens that we are in trouble or read some news that particular incident happened and people were just viewers and not helper. Had someone would have helped could have saved them. I take this very seriously and never give chance to myself to regret later saying “kash” would have helped or did this or that.

Let me thru this post share few incidences where I have thought about others instead of myself and have got so much peace and happiness and proud which I would have never got if would have spent lacs on my vacation or parties also….

1) One day while going for shopping I was walking to nearby auto stand. I saw lady coming from opposite direction and was like very depress and one drunk man following her and using abusive language. Many viewers, including me, felt they are husband wife and had some fight or something like that. Few shop keepers were also watching. As I passed thru her I got sense that something is abnormal. After walking few steps ahead I took turn and returned and asked her “what happened didi, is everything ok?” . to my surprise she started crying and was so happy to get help. She immediately narrated her case. She said that she took one auto to reach home and that auto driver took her to opposite direction to one petrol pump and said her to pay for it. After she denied as that was not her route and why should she pay ? then he took her on road and said to get down. As it was not her stop so she denied and he forced her to come down. Then when she started walking after paying her fare, he was following her and was asking for more money. I started scolding that auto driver and asked to go. He said don’t come in between or else will beat you with chappal. On hearing this I got bit scared but dint showed it on my face. I just made signal to nearby people to come. They quickly came and I narrated everything to them. They helped us escaping from him and made that lady sit in another auto, she thanked me and was so happy to get relieved and crowd bet that auto driver like anything so that next time he will not torture any lady thinking them as weak and helpless…

2) Now the recent one, Last week I was walking from office stop to my home. That is my daily route and it has shops and some houses one side and other side are some juice centre and road. However busy or stressed or over occupied with thoughts, I always keep looking around and analyse situation. I passed an auto and saw auto driver sleeping in front down near the seat. I saw him and went ahead. But my mind said something is wrong in that position. Why will he sleep in front when he can comfortable sleep at back seat. I went back and observed him. I asked a passer-by to help me and see whether he is sleeping or something else ( as being lady I was hesitate to touch him). He instantly agreed and shook him. There was not movement. He patted on his cheeks but still no movement. Than I was sure that he is not sleeping. I rushed to near by house and got a glass of water. we sprinkled some water on him still he was not moving. After pouring more water he opened his eyes and was shocked and surprised to see himself okay. We offered him water and he drank it completely and asked for more. I again rushed and got some more water. by that time few shopkeepers were also there and they said they were watching him lying since two three hours and thought that he must have drunk or sleeping. I asked a boy to get some glucose biscuits. We asked him and he said while driving auto he felt uneasy and due to sunstroke he felt down. I was so angry that I literally scolded the shopkeeper and said what was the harm in confirming and asking him if you were not sure about him. How do you people be so calm seeing someone lying like that? They were bit ashamed and happy to see being lady I m struggling so much for him. They appreciated my efforts and helped in lifting him till back seat and offering water and biscuits.

Tell me friends frankly how many times we have put ourselves in action when we see below incidences:

a) Lady kicking her bike and it is not starting. She is struggling and exhaust and still no sign in bike to get start.- what if we get down ask if she needs help. Try helping her to start it..if not possible help her to take to nearby garage. But we feel its ok she is not my relative and plus I don’t have time have to do this and that …

b) Small girl with heavy loads on her head walking and trying to cross road and same time keeping her balance with the load…. What if we stop one auto. Ask her address and then check fare with autodriver. Pay him and make him drop till her home. Instead of thinking why is this child forced to do work and what family she belongs to and all..

c) Some unconscious person on road side (we feel belong to good family) . what if we just shake them offer water instead of thinking “why do people drink god knows”…

d) On your daily route ..Children crying..naked..dirty - what if we get some old clothes or shoes of our children or let over food(if can’t afford new clothes or fresh cooked food) and give them. Instead of thinking why is there so much poverty in India…

Please friends I seriously want to think over this. When we cannot help or don’t help in spite of our capability than why do we question others when we need help…just think….

sindmani, ananddeepa, Kamla and 27 others like this.
  2. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

@twinklingstar Hey dear!!!! Amazing!!! Never knew you are one such beautiful soul!!! Hats off to you :worship2::worship2::worship2:
    Not everyone will do these things and myself has no guts to even think of such things!! I think people like me are the majority here!!! But you are great!! Though everyone very badly wants to help others, not everyone has that guts to take a step forward!!! You will be a role model for many!!! Love your guts dear!!!

3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear twinkling star

You are a very beautiful soul. Being kind and compassionate is the least thing we could do for others.
    Thank you for reminding us
    Vani

4. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

U r Great,,, the Post made us to Think about the incidents which happens around, we never spare a little time to see that or help them.

and thank u for sharing ur experience .,:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

5. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

@twinklingstar Such an apt name you chose for yourself on this forum :thumbsup: So many times I too felt like what you explained but it is true I never did anything myself. Somehow I think what will happen if I try to do something and what will MIL say or DH say if something happens after I try to help someone and I never do anything. You are right. At least I can try like you did :worship2:

twinklingstar likes this.
  6. twinklingstar

hey thank you so much dear for your feedback.
    dont embarrass me by so many big words. actually i was hesitating to post thinking people should not take it other way that i m self-praising. but i really wnated to show that if i can do so can others too. that is why i gave all practical examples which i did..
    i m really touched with the appreciation...this will lead me to do more...

Shivalaya and IniyaaSri like this.
  7. twinklingstar

thank you so much dear...every soul is beautiful it is just a small difference between think and act....i feel we all should stop thinking and start acting...
    like positive thread we should start some thread like what good act we do daily...what say??

girvani and IniyaaSri like this.
  8. twinklingstar

thanks dear...hope now onwards you will spare a little time for others and will do one good dead daily....:)

9. twinklingstar

thank you dear so much for hte words...i m touched with so much appreciation..

Justanotherwife likes this.
  10. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

ya sure i will try to walk in your path