1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You React To Such Ppl Who Care More About Appearance

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by C00lhoney, Sep 26, 2017.

1. C00lhoney

C00lhoney New IL'ite

One of my neighbours who's kid studies in my kid's school. we knew each other through kids infact.
    Often the kid's dad used to meet us( me,my husband and my kid) in an near neighbourhood park.
    That evening, i was taking my daughter to the park and that time my neighbour showed up.
    Infact i havent spoken much to her and was eager to talk to her.
    She smiled at me and then she came closer to me and was asking....are u expecting...i was so embrarassed ( I have my previous pregnancy tummy though)
    I said no yaar, its just my tummy and am trying to reduce...immediately she asked....why are you like this...your husband is nice and tall....
    I was completely shocked....that's it...I felt there are no more words to talk to her...just then other common friend showed up and talked on other topics and i slowly walked out of the place...

My only concern was.....why ppl are sooooo concerned about appearance....I know about my body and am trying to take care of it...my husbands know that am putting effort and doesnt talk about it...

2. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Op,

I know its hard to digest such words coming from a not so known !Isn't the best way to tackle such situations ijust ignore n not really feel it?

3. eternalnomad

eternalnomad Silver IL'ite

I think some people are rude and like to make others feel bad by pointing out perceived negatives most likely because of their own insecurities. Honestly, it says more about her than you.

You should've asked her, "why are you such a b**ch?":grimacing:

4. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

I agree !! Its always best to overlook such situations and just move on for good:)

sindmani likes this.
  5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Or... she could'a told her a date that is three or four years out. How we react is always dependent on the value of that acquaintance/friend for the future. Sometimes, people are "thinking about stuff", and the question spills out. Later on, they are surprised that they asked such a thing.... and feel totally sheepish about it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    KavyaKMV and Archanaanchan like this.
  6. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Just ignore the words. It is very difficult for anyone esp. ladies to digest such comments from unknown persons.Some people just for mere asking or to initiate conversation will tell such things without any intention or thought.They will be thinking that they are asking out of interest.Whatever the appearance it is the character or attitude that beautifies a person.So it is better not to mind such words. But at the same time her criticism can be an eye opener for u. U will try to concentrate more on trimming yourself.Good in disguised form.
    " The woods are lovely,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

MikaMaina likes this.
  7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

How Do You React To Such Ppl Who Care More About Appearance???

You don't care about them!

8. KavyaKMV

KavyaKMV New IL'ite

I don't know what to say. One of my close friends is getting pretty fat and I just know how to tell her that it's time she started paying attention to what she ate. She's not married yet and I am beginning to wonder if one of the reasons she hasn't found a suitable match is her weight. She eats pretty unhealthy food and leads a very sedentary lifestyle. I honestly don't know how to put this across to her. This post and the comments relate to a somewhat different situation. But I can't help but remember my situation here...

9. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Hi Coolhoney

On the other hand i have people asking me, why i dont put on weight.... I might get carried away with the wind,and mkre such comments....

Some people always like to pass comments on others appearance, doesnt matter whether its thin or fat....

Over the years i have understood one thing, that if people comment about my appearance its their problem,i have a choice to ignore it or worry about it.... I ignore those comments now.....

You are the only person who needs to love your body and be comfortable in that..... Relax dear.... next time either ignore such people or take it as a joke and laugh.... Am sure that wil be a fitting reply

SunPa and Dishaa like this.
  10. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

OP, that lady is behaving mean. Just ignore it for now. But if she repeats it, just tell her with a smile that your husband were telling that her husband really seems like a mannered and well cultured gentle man. But when you think about her and talked about her to your husband, you and your husband actually had a hearty laugh about how she and her husband are miles apart from each other. Just innocently ask her " Why is it like that?? If your husband ok with that....Don't he feel embarassed???Poor him ..."Just say it with a smile and act like you are not at all offended by her comments. Sometimes we have to tackle the bullies by letting them know that how mentally strong you are... Good luck!!

Dishaa likes this.