1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help. ! What Is My Husband Up To ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by EagerForInfo, Mar 29, 2019.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Ever since my son was born 2 years 8 months ago my husband sleeps in a different room. We sleep in master room and he goes and sleeps in a different room. I put kids to sleep and fall asleep with them. But today he was telling doctor that we have no sex since 2 years 8 months ago and he wants a divorce. He does not help with kids. ( most of my Indian friends sleep with kids and wife in same room ) but he happily sleeps in different room. Night wakings etc etc are my responsibility. But today I was shocked when he said that. He is telling whole world we do not have sex and he got a vasectomy done 4 months ago but still I am not having sex. He is working 2 jobs 7 am to 9 pm every day since 3 years ago left me all alone with 2 kids and moreover see this twist. Am I overreacting. Or is there something wrong here. What should I do? But he has been sleeping in the different room for 4 years now ever since his mom had come to visit us at that time. What should I do??? Am I overreacting. He does not call. He does not talk to me about anything except things to do clean the house or drop my kids to activities and classes which are around 7:30 in the night and my son (2 ) is sleepy by then. Not one day he helped but see this twist. AmI merely a sex worker. ??? I don’t understand. Even a small nice sweet word would is enough to melt my heart and I will happily go and sleep in his room. But nooo. Now after the way he insulted me in the doctors office I don’t even have the interest to talk to him.

2. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Ok I guess I should clarify ... “not ever since my son was born 2 years 8 months ago he sleeps in a different room is not right. “. He has been sleeping in a different room even before that and I have complained on this form that when I was pregnant with him also I was all alone. In fact he has been sleeping in a different room since his mom came to visit us 4 years ago. (Of course she left in 3 months ) but this is when the problem began.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  3. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

You cant go back and repair the past.

But in future, instead of complaining your DH is not helping with kids or house pls hire help and free yourself from the chores and focus on your love and sex life. This is the state of many Indian women these days. They expect husband to help with kids and house and when that doesnt happen they slog all day and go to bed tired and unhappy.

Pls hire help, start to train your kids to sleep at 9 pm and spend quality time with your husband. Let go of all resentment. Divorce is not easy and it takes a huge amount mental and emotional strength to go through it. But threatening a divorce is the easiest form of harassment and anyone can do it. Dont be scared by it.

You cant change the other person, better to change your Slave attitude and get some outside help.

Jey, Anusha2917, stayblessed and 2 others like this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@EagerForInfo ,
    I am surprised to see u have left matters drift for more than 3 years and are now thinking of what is to be done. Whatever the differences with your husband, the earlier things are taken up and spoken out , the chances of it getting settled amicably are high.. It is time you come out openly with him , your many issues whether with MIL or his not contributing to any help with family.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Anusha2917, shravs3 and yellowmango like this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, First of all, let me tell you that, I can understand well what is going on in your mind.
    Please don't mix, the visit of MIL a few years back with this issue. Its not the problem here as seen from the post.

Calm down and think from his side too. He is providing everything. He works full time ( 2 jobs) and come by home by 9 pm. Do you expect him again to do household jobs or taking care of kids after he come back from job. It will be too much for him too as he will be tired or stressed out and want to take rest/sleep by the end of the day. He is supposed to help with kids and you also need rest, I agree. But in this particular situation its not very practical. In that case outsourcing jobs ( help for household jobs, nanny, day care) will be the best to do. If you keep on complaining, it will result in resentments, frustrations and more problems. Planing well, taking kids to sleep before he reach home may help. I think its important to spend some time everyday with your dh.

Is there any truth in his complaint on lack of sex for these many years? I see a huge communication problem here. Why didn't he discuss this issue with you or approached you for it or why didn't you initiate it. Only you guys know the reason. May be he felt that you are giving importance to kids, and not taking care of him or might have thought that you are tired with all these. Many women, focus on kids during this period and neglect the needs of husband, I also did that. But realized that mistake later. If they are not happy in that, chanced of them getting irritated/frustrated or becoming negative are more than normal.

If there is any truth in his complaint,(3-4 years is a long time) understand it well and have patience. Intimacy is very important in marriage. May be your dh went for vasectomy in the hope of doing it any time. Did you turn him down? Appreciate that he has been loyal and didnt went for something else (read many posts in IL including recent one).

Have a face to face discussion with him. Instead of complaining and questioning him (using words like you, why what etc), talk in a friendly way and express your pain/ignorance of knowing this issue ( use I feel , I wish etc..by carefully selecting words like you seek help) . Accept that you also want to work on it and ask suggestions on how to improve the situation. Request him to communicate to you well and understand how busy you are. Request to discuss these private matters with you and not with others. Fighting now will elevate the issue. So accept it and find ways to fix it. Dont talk about MIL, if you need you can do it later after fixing this issue.

Past is done. I feel that you both can work and solve the current issue very well. Try to spend time every day with him. Once kids start sleeping go and spend time with him in the other bed room. Talk and communicate more. Create a friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Make your home a happy place to be in. Work on emotional bonding. More touch/hugs/kiss/cuddling etc..With proper understanding, love and care, you can win the situation well and be on track again. Live in the present and look forward to future. Be positive. Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

And please don’t support my husband saying he is working 2 jobs. What is the need to work 2 jobs. ? He is just doing that to show the world that I am not working (quit job when baby was born ) and he is taking this extra burden. He is happily buying his family in India cars scooters apartments in this small span of 2 years 8 months and moreover says he does not have money for diapers food etc ( and asks me to pay for it. ). Something is not right somewhere.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  7. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I have raised this issue about his ignorant behavior and irritating remarks and his lack of care with raising the baby several times with his family and him too.

8. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Then
    then why has he been sleeping in a different room for 4-5 years even before he started working 2 jobs. ???? That is the ultimate question. So he can accuse me of this not having sex issue ???? I feel like he is planned in this issue. ? Why could he not sleep along with us even before he started working 2 jobs which was just before delivery. ?????

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@EagerForInfo - You started a thread on the same lines a year or two ago. You get a lot of inputs. You don’t seem to agree to anything. You don’t come back and update the thread. You are back in the same situation next year and start another thread.

You need to realize that there isn’t a magic solution to your issues than have spanned many years.

Why should he work two jobs? Maybe because he’s checked out mentally and is staying away.

Him working two jobs and him talking about it is not your issue. Your issue is that there is a deep chasm between you and your spouse and you need to take small steps to fix it.

Small steps like understanding that sometimes in a marriage, a partner does something FIVE years ago. It’s best to let go. Is it important to know why he did what he did five yrs ago or fix your marriage now? Is it important to stand your ground on all issues and dig your feet in? Marriage isn’t about settling scores, sometimes it’s about giving in a little to get a lot.

I think you should let go of the fact that he’s moved into the other room and make small changes to give him some attention too. If you don’t, the five years will become ten and then fifteen.
    Stop asking why for a few weeks and just give in a little. Really read what the other ILites are saying and implement some of those things. You’ve got a lot of suggestions in your earlier thread too - getting kids to bed early, making it a routine, giving yourself time, maybe watching a movie together or something.

If you stop microanalyzing his every move, you will get some peace of mind. When you are happy, with or without him, he will hopefully slowly start seeing the change and wanting to be with you.

If you continue down the path of asking whys for everything, you will only hurt yourself more. You can only change how you react to situations. You cannot make him change. You be the change and slowly start implementing the suggestions from this and old threads.

Also when you start new threads with the same topic, it will be good to give us a background of what you already posted, suggestions you tried and what helped or didn’t help. That way people are not reinventing the wheel, giving you the same suggestion again and again.

Amica, peddadas, shravs3 and 8 others like this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Dont talk with his family