Finest Posts - Nominations For April 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

April Fools' Day. It is HOT. BLAZING HOT. The whole month has been that way and no sign of rains. God help us this year. The shower of nominations in March was moderate, where numbers were concerned, but I am glad to say that was not the case where quality was concerned. Thank you all for the great threads and posts that you picked up.

It is time for school holidays for kids in India. So parents will be extremely busy, I can well imagine. But on the flip side, I am sure there will be plenty of stuff happening to write about. So here's looking forward to loads of interesting stuff as well as to a lot of nominations in this coming month. As good a way as any other of taking our minds off the cauldron outside.

Moonset - 22 Mar 2019.jpg

Moonset one early morning​

Paripoorna, Cheeniya and Mistt like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:We wish to raise with you for April nominations not to set.
    But why Moon set when we begin with a look at sun raise.
    Or is it some beauty seeing setting full moon through fronds
    In the morning?
    The prologue of invitation for nomination used to be long but you cut the long story with a big pic of Moon. Or is it April fool ? It could be pic of sun too.
    Ah. Now I remember your Back ache: that is the reason for snippet queen made the invitation crisp sweet and short.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

:grinning: The heat is not too conducive for the few, left over grey cells to work. So the crisp, short post. As for the moonset, it has a cooling effect early in the morning just before the sun rises and makes for another hot day!

Sun Moon Collage IL.jpg
    This is the actual story behind the pic (with dates). Top Left: Moon rise as I was leaving work one late evening. Two days later: Moon set as I was waiting for a vehicle to take me to work.

For a night owl, waking up at 5 am is a challenge roughly equivalent to running 10 full marathons at a stretch. Firstly it is hard to trust the alarm clock. What if it does not go off? So it has to be supervised through the night. On the hour, every hour, if not more often. Then just as the mind decides to take a trip to lalaland at around 3.30 or 4 am, it is nearly time to wake up. No point going to sleep. It makes life more difficult.

But all is not so bad. I step out of the house and am greeted by a setting moon (top right). On my way to work, it is still somewhat dark. Well not completely. The horizon is a vague purplish pink heralding the dawn. I get to work. As I enter the classroom, I am greeted by a wonderful sight - the rising sun (bottom left). I can't resist taking a pic through the translucent green curtain too (bottom right).

Though I missed 'moonrise' that day there was no reason to feel bad. My joys had come full circle. Waking up early is not such a bad thing after all - if only I could fall asleep on time. Some days the sheep seem to breed faster than I can count them!

Paripoorna, Cheeniya, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello: Thanks for the elaboration . As pupils of class raise on seeing you, you had already captured the rising ochre sun. I too raise on seeing this elaboration enjoying the vicarious experience.
    2. I stand sorry that woth my response i made your short invitation bit long.
    Regards.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I nominate the post of Rihana on Acknowledgment.
    Thanks to @jayasala42 for planting the idea.
    Everyone needs to be appreciated for what they do, and acknowledged for the effort, pointed out Rihana. This is especially fruitful to all when a stay-at-home-girl/mom is at the receiving end. A girl does not have to be sung about, but she ought to be at least acknowledged for her contributions, and the consequences of her just being. When acknowledged, she can do a lot for the acknowledger.... and go miles before she drops of exhaustion. A nice narration to point out what little it takes to make a person happy, and how that is the solution for such a lot of domestic angst that goes on around in the world.

Well done, @Rihana ! I shall go one notch higher than an App-based acknowledgement:

upload_2019-4-2_13-19-28.png

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:Ingenious.
    Thanks for the wonderful idea. Way to do or go.
    Regards.
    God bless bestows creativity to those hobnob in IL.

Rihana and Amulet like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:nono:No way to do or go. ;) You cannot nominate a FP nomination for the FP.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

I have to acknowledge the post 'on Acknowledgement' by nominating it for the finest post for April 2019.
    That's my 'letter of appreciation' for the great write up with a superhit protagonist!

9. satchitananda

Thanks Amulet and Afresh. I greatly appreciate your nominations of a very apt post in the aptest forum for appreciations. :grinning:

10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Amica, Rihana and satchitananda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.