Finest Post Nominations - June 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

June is here. It’s special in a number of ways. To begin with, it is the last month of the first half of the year. Secondly, it is the month when the monsoons make their grand appearance, blessing the parched earth with their cooling showers. Come to think of it, I’d like to think that spring in India comes after the summer. Yes, strange as it might sound, think of it – everything is dry, dusty, so much so that even the leaves on the trees look brown. Not the lovely autumnal brown, but a dirty, dusty one. And then come the rains, cool down everything and give everything around a verdant hue. Move over Aditya Deva. It is now Indra’s turn to hold sway. All one wishes is that he is gentle, benevolent and that the farmers do well and that we can tide over another year without any major water crisis.

Then it is the time for new beginnings of a different kind. The beginning of a new academic year in schools and colleges across the country. Who can forget the excitement of entering a higher class, new books, new class teacher, new shoes, new uniform and some new friends joining the gang of friends who have moved up from the previous class? The joy of notebooks freshly covered in brown paper covers and the feeling of writing on the first blank pages of those notebooks?

Not to forget the summer solstice on the 21st of June this year. This also coincides with the International Yoga Day this year. The World Music Festival or the Fête de la Musique is also celebrated this month. On this day, free music concerts are held in parks and even in train stations. The idea is to promote world peace and to make quality music available to all.

Historically, Lord Mountbatten resigned as the first Governor General of India on the 21st June 1948.

This is also the month of the Kabirdas Jayanti and the famous Jagannath Rath Yatra.

With so many events this month of new beginnings, let me request all of you to continue coming here with more and more nominations. Let this be a very happening month!

Last edited: May 31, 2017

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear nice to know so much about June month. The children must be waiting to wear their new school dress, hole the new school bags. I am waiting for the rains to come because this summer has been very hot due to which since two weeks I am having itching problem in my leg . You are too good being in this finest forum For that only your announcement can be nominated and awarded too.

I am here with my first nomination which is of last year . Its @blindpup10's Postpartum Changes Women Go Through From Emotions,family,relationship With Husband And Body

3. satchitananda

Thank you so much Vijima. That is really very sweet of you. It's so good to see you back here with the first nomination of the month. Am sure now I can expect more and more nominations to flow in with your good wishes.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

All the best for more nominations pouring in Satchi dear. May God bless you and our blessings to our lovely daughter to shine more and more

satchitananda likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Taboo Tales
    Balajee,
    is being recommended for the finest post.Tinged with humourr it deals with an important aspect of biological growth-the food sheath of of human body.
    Jayasala 42

6. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for the nomination Ma'am. Balajee has a knack of dealing with various current and topical subjects and of dealing with them in a light vein. The humour, though, is highly deceptive. Dig a bit deeper and one finds that he feels very strongly about the subject; only instead of whining, he uses satire as a very effective tool to convey a serious matter.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Jayasala ma'am thanks. And Satchi you diagnosed it right. I am funny particularly with issues that ought to make me angry. Humor is an anger substitute and a healthy substitute at that.

Deepti2016 and satchitananda like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My first nomination for the month - a poem by @Purple2017 --
    Does It Really Matter ?

I like the simplicity in the verse. The directness, and how so much is said in so less. Also leaving some to the interpretation of the reader.

9. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Rihana for your generous gesture....can't find words to compliment you..

Rihana likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Dear Rihana, Thanks a lot for this nomination. I totally agree with you. It is so simply written but every word rings absolutely true. How many of us have often echoed these sentiments - a lot of friendships are formed here, some of which blossom into real-life friendships too.

Purple2017 and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.