1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Facts Of Life From My 72 Yrs Experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 28, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Any RELATIONSHIP is possible only when two egos are dropped. Otherwise four persons are involved – Two real & Two imaginary

So, Let Go of you Ego …. Whenever you are wrong – Admit it and whenever you are right – Keep Quiet. This will surely keep the relationships strong. And like needles of a clock, strong relationships always remain connected even when they meet on few occasions.

Dont understand with some we become close very fast but with some even after ages we cant be close. Now I feel some who are close are going far away. Now a days everyone is so busy and have time to think only of their family. Me being only with my husband I think have lot of time to think and expect from others also love. Cant understand some people. I think I should also try to be there where I am needed and not pokemy nose in everything. Some dont like giving advices but though I am older than them they advice me. I dont mind taking advices from anyone whether they are younger or older.

Heart is a beautiful garden that needs regular cleaning of unwanted weeds. Forget and forgive those who have angered you. This makes room for storing good things and memories.

Children and elders need our valuable time , children till the age of 5 years and elders after sixty. When children grow up they dont need so much and especially now a days children grow fast and they teach us better than what we learnt from our experience. Elders need us more when they become old and we should spend valuable time with them when they are there so that we dont repent later when they are not there

Someone said in a discourse that since parents leave their children in creshe when they are kids so when the parents grow old kids leave them in old age homes

Life is the most difficult exam . Many people fail because they try to copy others,Not realizing that everyone has a different question paper .

What is stress

It is the gap between our expectation and reality

More the gap, more the stress, so expect nothing and accept everything

So true I think I should also follow this and be likemy husband doing my duty and not expecting anything . Its a little difficult for me but will try to follow to keep me happy.

Now Since Ram Navami we are able to attend the bajans and Sita Kalyanam . From last week Bajanotsavam is going on in the evenings people from different places come and sing and we get the opportunity to listen. Till now was able to go everyday .Its there till sunday and Sunday is Radha Kalyanam.

Having a sharp memory is the good quality of the brain. But the ability to forget the unwanted things is far better quality of the heart. Live in peace and not in pieces

Tomorrow is never promised to today I want friends and family to know how thankful I am that all of you are in my life. Now a days I think friends are far better than relations

2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

This is Vijima's Bhagavat Gita! :)

3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji ......Hi viji maa, another good one from you. Thanks for sharing with us.

Justanotherwife and iyerviji like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Kaniths dear for bringing a smile on my face with your first fb. Dont compare mine with Bhagavat Gita dear, mine is my experience

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks kcb dear , if share here my heart becomes light and fresh, that is the beauty of IL

Justanotherwife and kcb like this.
  6. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji ma Yet another gem from you :worship2: I have started saving all your important posts and stories in a word document to print out so I can file them nicely like a book for my kids. I want them also to benefit from your vast experience :thumbup:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Poetlatha, iyerviji and ashima10 like this.
  7. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I have read your snippet many times…and tried posting, commenting but due to some or the other reasons I cdnt. I am not sure if you had noticed my likes in your snippets.

This is the first thing I read today and I simply cdnt resist …iam very infamous for my typos so I will try to minimize that here too.

Letting go of ego is very easy to say, but sometimes you just cant. I mean we all want peace and happiness in our homes but sometimes this get on my nerves that why this is always at cost of a softer person. Why the hard ones are given benefits. We all must have seen the families that good SIL , MIL, relatives suffers more than the bad ones…why because people expect a way too much…no ? because people do not expect anything from a bad person.

Dsnt that make turning bad tempting…how do we deal with that! God knows…. Why do few people are blessed (?) with conscience.

You can always come here and share things with us Maa… we look forward to it. We have no idea where are we going…no one’s has time…everyone is in hurry and everyone is late too. :)

IN our circle once we were once talking about culture, religion and one of my friend who has been in day care said that she can also ask her parents/ In laws to be at old age homes because she has also spent time in day care. This gave me a jolt. This was the first person in my life who said that so causally. I realised the fact that its changing our entire concept of culture. Children’s are actually thinking in that line.

She has points that we are away from home, if we wnt be able to call them here…why to leave them alone at home…off course she said she will ensure every facilities is available to them and she love them a lot…but when there are no option why do we bring old age home in negative light. The look on her husband face was ………………….!!

When we came home I told my husband I cannot think that way ever…may be we were from small town in India and father was at good position in reputed PSU and my mother never worked. Her mother has to work, she was aware of the sacrifices she made to give her a decent life in one of the metro cities…and she wants to repay that through money. I really could not counter that. But I was scared about the future.

It needs some audacity too to state such facts in public. I praised her for that. But the memory of her words, her conviction and thought process still haunts me in strange way.

Sometimes heart has reason without reasons. Logic is not good always.

I love the definition of stress. Something really practical, now that I know what is its…I will try to reduce the gap.

Planning to print out your snippets…..its a good read as book :)

I must stop now…before someone notices why am I drafting such a long email in outlook ;)

Take care ! bless us always !

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    coolmum, Poetlatha, Vaikuntha and 7 others like this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji ma

What a beautiful day to start my day. It was practical Geetha as Kaniths said.
    I loved the following ma,

What is stress

It is the gap between our expectation and reality

Thanks for guiding us and grounding us

Love
    vani

iyerviji and kaniths like this.
  9. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hi Aunty,
    Felt nice reading your snippet! Inspiring and bringing a change in our attitude an the way we look at life., thank you so much for sharing your valuable inputs through your life experiences..

iyerviji likes this.
  10. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @iyerviji sister,

Beautiful bits of thoughts! I love them.

A very different way of looking at us that when two people have ego, there are in fact four people trying to deal with each other! A very interesting thought.

Thanks for sharing.

Poetlatha and iyerviji like this.