Covert tamil font into its English translation

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gayathri47, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

I want a software/site/translator which can convert

Tamil text (written in tamil font) into its equivalent English translation.

I meant to find something on the net, but couldn't really figure out the correct ones amongst them - because some only converted tamil text to english text (and not english translation and meanings).

If a thread already existis like this (I am sure I dint find one) sorr about that.

Please help!

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Hi Gayathri, as I understand no such machine translation facility is available at present ... :-(

we knew about Google Translation facility . at present we can have translation of English text to
    Hindi and Urdu along with some other foreign languages. there had been some efforts to add Tamil
    translation , but it is not progressing much ...

some years back , a software company had announced release of a special Tamil browser ( Valaiyodi )
    which was supposed to provide translation of English to Tamil ; it appears to be not yet developed ...

[​IMG]

if Google Tamil translation becomes available then it will be for both Tamil to English and English to Tamil .
    if Valaiyodi browser translation becomes available then it will be from English to Tamil ...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  3. jsn

jsn New IL'ite

Dear Madam

Apparently Google is targetted only for Hindi speakers and probably staffed or managed only by Hindi-only oriented people as evidenced by stagnation in their Translation service as far Indian languages are concerned. Anyway their translation service has been reported to be lousy. And as far as Hindi is concerned, technical words remain untranslated.

Here is where Tamil has scored where Hindi or other languages 'spoon fed' by Google have not.

Take a look at this website:
    tamildictionary.50webs.com

You will see several technical glossaries, herbs, animals, vegetables, fruits, physics, chemistry, several electronics fields, finance, automobile etc. You will get the direct Tamil equivalent for the English word.

Here is another website:
    Online Tamil Dictionary

You have English - Tamil and German - Tamil word pairs.

dictionary.tamilcube.com is another cool website.