1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

cluster headache

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sheesta, May 29, 2014.

1. sheesta

sheesta Bronze IL'ite

From last few days, i started having pain in right head and something weird like something is forcefully coming out/ heart beat like beat in head .
    Has anyone experienced it before?

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Where did you find the word, 'Cluster Headache" ? By googling ?

Unless a qualified medical practitioner labels it as , 'Cluster headache', by all investigations and evaluation, better, you don't do the labelling , yourself,

3. sheesta

sheesta Bronze IL'ite

Doctor told me this term.
    i don't google much

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I have this kind of headache frequently and my Dr diagnosed this as 'Sinus' headache (no nose stuffing, flu symptoms), though my DH doubt this as migraine.

If I get headache, I try to stay in dark room and sleep, some time vicks/Eucalyptus oil vapours. For me none of the pain killer works and even if I eat some thing , I vomit as soon as any thing goes inside including medicine.

5. sheesta

sheesta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Priya,

glad someone replied.
    Do you have the same symptoms? like beat an dpain sensation in temple area.
    I also think its migraine but doesn't know.
    Medicines don't work for me too and i have same vomiting sensation.

6. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Yes Sheesta..exact the same symptoms..nothing work for me.For me it some time it starts from back side of head and end on temple area or vice versa. I just stay in darkroom and try to sleep.

7. pushpa0207

pushpa0207 New IL'ite

Hello Sheesta, How is your headache now? My husband is having the same symptoms as u and the doctor said it is cluster headache. Did you take any treatment that helped? Please share.

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I had severe headaches years ago with the full assortment of hideous symptoms including vomiting, loose motion, head and neck ache...you name it. I was suspicious due to the intensity of this that I had cluster headaches. I tried all sorts of treatments including Chinese oils, Imitrex shots, local anesthetics applied in the sinuses, various types of pills, acupuncture, chiropractic, etc. Some treatments would help somewhat or for a brief period but the only thing that helped ultimately was sleeping and time. And then by chance I found out that I had a garlic allergy and that the headaches would ensue the day following eating it. When I stopped garlic 100% I became headache free. Even some very small amounts will make me sick as a dog.