1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Belly Fat

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Emarald, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Hello all beautiful ladies

I want to know what works to get flat stomach and what doesn't. It's the hardest part to work. I want to know what food to avoid, what to include for vegetarians specially after 40. I m doing crunches which gives backpain. I eat salad in lunch. Avoid fried food, packet food. Thanks in advance

2. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

As per my experience fat loss happens when you eat right at the right time (staple nutritious food in right amounts),sleep well,exercise right (strength,cardio and crunches) and can also include a remedy like lemon and honey water.

Eating at the right time implies starting the day with a big breakfast(fruit,nuts,little Indian breakfast/eggs),keeping the lunch moderate (staple food in right amounts such as dal,roti/little rice,subzi) and consuming a light snack and dinner (2-3 hours before bed time).Of course binge eating is bad...we tend to snack on junk especially in the evening...that can be controlled when you have healthy choices in hand such as a fruit or buttermilk.Salad is best for dinner.

Exercising right - A combination of cardio and strength gives the best results for fat loss/inch loss.Walking is also a great option,power walks with weights is even better,yoga also helps burn belly fat.There are several workouts on youtube.I personally like Leslie's power walk and Jillian Michaels workouts.

Tried and tested remedy- Mix half a glass of luke warm with little pure honey and lemon juice and consume on an empty stomach an hour before breakfast.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Emarald likes this.
  3. Happygirl6

Happygirl6 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone

Even i thought of asking the same question. I have a stress belly (of course which has fat too). Did you guys notice any changes in your belly before and after periods. Sometimes i feel bloated like a baloon. ( I am trying to reduce the food intake- Of course I lost some pounds). Can you ladies provide some tips for bloated belly. I heard dairy products, sugars , maida are the main causes for belly fat. I tried reducing them but sugar is my biggest weakness. Do you have some tips ?

4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I have a similar issue and excercising gave me a back ache. So I am now focusing on eating healthy. Low fat, low sugar diet.

Emarald likes this.
  5. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

So first thing u need to understand after 40 u tend to lose ur lean muscles therefor the fat deposits. Regular cardio and strength training excercise should b part of your regime. Its ok even if u start working out just thrice in a week. Try to get a personal trainer for s month so they can advise u target areas. Pain will b there initially for a week and then gradually ur body will get used to the workouts.

For belly fat lie flat on ur tummy and lift ur upper body wherein u'l sense the pressure on ur lower abdomen. Set of 20. This with crunches will give u desired results.

Avoiding sugar, fried products, junk food n binge eating. Flax seeds help reduce weight.

Bloating before periods is common due to water retention.

Emarald likes this.
  6. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Can anyone tell me how to gain weight without increasing stomach fat, thigh fat...only want to increase arm muscle mass

7. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

How much rice is allowed in day or week? I eat salad for lunch in weekdays mostly. Once in week tried rice for lunch. Dinner mostly Roti, sabji or dal. Once in week pasta or noodle because kids want change. In between snacks are fruits mostly, no packet food, only once in week if friends invite their house then no choice. Once in week can't avoid party food because family need socializing. Crunches bring back pain but still try 10 min 4 days in week, elliptical 30 min 4 days a week
    What else can I do? I work on computer whole day plus 2 hours drive everyday, so can't avoid sitting. Do stretching also every hour

shravs3 likes this.
  8. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Happygirl16,
    Even am having the same issue BLOATING... Avoid milk.. If you are having the habit of having coffee or tea have without milk n sugar. You will notice a different.