1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Avon Cosmetics : review

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by deepd, Oct 8, 2012.

1. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Dear Makeuplovers

I have purchased many cosmetics from Avon. I wanted to share with you my experience so that any one who is thinking of buying can benefit from it.

1. Lipsticks:It was a disaster.. the colors shown in their brochures are no where near to the actual lipstick. I got one sealed lipstick with a deep cut near the tip of lipstick :rant... so never go for them

2. fairness lotion and cream : they are like WHITE paint. seriously!! white in color and leaves your skin as if you applied white paint and then wiped off:rotfl

3. Toner :makes your skin sticky chipchip :spin

4. Concealer : doesnt conceal anything :rant

5. Bubble bath : forget about Bubbles :bonk just a normal shower gel

Some good products::

1. Deo : its ok
    2. Lip gloss ; used strawberry one and that is good

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    2 people like this.

2. mlsruthi

mlsruthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepd

Thanks for giving your fb about the product...

3. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Than q for ur review.

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hey deepd,

Once upon a time, I used to be a good fan of AVON and even got a membership/customer card and few lovely gift hampers on my purchases. Maybe those were the days when AVON maintained its quality. Of course, now since 8-9 years I have not got a single AVON product. Thanks for ur feedback, now am glad I switched brands!

1 person likes this.
  5. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

thanks.. i was thinking of buying.. saved money..

6. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I do like their foot creams and mini lip gloss. I agree the lipsticks are not that good.

7. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for reading my reviews..

@anmolhai : yes I ahve tried the lip balm and it is good. But lipsticks are really pathetic..

8. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

i use to scare away from online or book shopping because everything looks great on paper. But this year I made my first purchese on Avon and that too was cosmetics. I got:

mineral blush in rose - It is bit light and shimmery. I need to apply it 2 or 3 times to get light effect. But I like it. so not bad. But I am not in love with it. Most likely i won't buy it again but will use it until it is empty

Brightening concealer for under eye - This turned out to be a corrector instead of concealer. I do not like it, it does brightend the dark circle but it is not easy to apply and has no coverage. I absolutely hate this and if returning was easy, I would take it back

blush brush and eye shadow brush - I actually like the brush. they are not too expensive and are decent quality. They aren't high end and you can feel it but not bad.

That is all

9. priya1405

priya1405 New IL'ite

hi freinds,
    i used to get avon in Canada. i loved it.
    firstly, in my opinion, its very hard to guess the colour of lipstick when it is on paper. i nevver purchased lipstick like that or with avon. i bought just transparent lipgloss. thats it.
    i bought moisture cream which worked very well and one blemishing cream. i still use it now as i came to India and got tanned and got black spots due to heat and polllution in hyderabad. it worked very well.
    i bought pedicure kit, also good.
    so basically, i bought all things which are for skin not for face and cosmetics.
    maybe u guys should whether it is good idea to buy lipsticks after seeing them in brochures.
    thanks

10. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

thanks for sharing....................