1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Or Trailer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by beautifullife30, Aug 5, 2016.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Ok....so what's a trailer?

A trailer is a commercial for a feature film that will be exhibited in the future at a cinema. Trailers tell the story of a film in a highly condensed fashion to have maximum appeal. The key ambition in trailer-making is to impart an intriguing story that gets film audiences emotionally involved.

Alright...I cheated. The above one is the definition I copied from wiki. so a trailer is supposed to give us a look or even a teeny tiny peek into the movie that is going to be released. Or so I thought! until I watched the trailer of Baar Baar Dekho.

My husband was watching the trending videos in YouTube when we came across this one. I wanted to watch the trailer and so we did.

Gosh...the trailer seemed to be a mini movie right along with a mini interval. At the first look it was good.

Katrina was good - the usualy non-acting cute posh beautiful self...Siddharth was good too. There was a little bit of kissing, bits of songs, funny moments......the usual. It began well...Until it started to show the movie in bits and pieces.

I mean, what the point of spending so much and making such a beautiful movie if you are going to show the entire movie story in just the trailer?

Shouldn't the trailer have an element of suspense, keep the viewer guessing....ok so what do you think is gonna happen now? I cant wait for the movie to release kind of feeling....

No, the Baar Baar Dekho movie makers, I guess, sadly don't think so!

towards the end of the trailer:

Me: ok, I wanna watch this movie....check when its releasing
    DH: Whats the point? We know the entire story!! :eek:
    Me: :rolleye:

I know there are others out there who don't mind the suspense getting revealed. I have some friends as well who have this weird habit of checking the climax of the book or the movie before coming back to the beginning. I don't usually do that. However, I don't mind knowing the story as well. For me the experience of the movie is important.

Then there are others like my DH. Suspense known...no point in the movie!

Maybe the movie makers kept the title for the same reason :BangHead:

"Baar Baar deko trailer seh lekar movie tak"

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

haha ya i watched the trailer today same feel... at least Tamil movie trailers they confuse people a lil bit but hindi movie trailers they reveal the entire concept of movie we cn judge wt the next scene m8 b

beautifullife30 likes this.
  3. freekundli

freekundli Senior IL'ite

I am agree with you. I have watched a lot of trailer and those trailers are very confusing.

Caide likes this.
  4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

yeah for movie with 0 concept they give such a hype

5. anonymoussss

anonymoussss New IL'ite

6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Baar Baar Dekho