Storming & Stomping! ;)

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kaniths, Apr 22, 2016.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Why you wonder? Its a lazy weekend morning for me, times when my mind ponders something randomly. This is me thinking loud why there isn't a common space to brainstorm ideas in E&G. I believe some ideas needed to be discussed before so we avoid duplicate thoughts and threads, also its nice to invite collaborations in contributions. Getting me? Its too hard for me to 'watch' & catch up individual threads opened just for the sake of wanting more suggestions from members, So why not 1 thread for all our brainstorming discussions now / in the future.

There is "stomping" in the title so you can object / reject / protest anytime! Free speech remember? :)

Now how do we start? :) Read about Shakespeare's 470th anniversary... You guys like his work? What we do to celebrate?

Read his work from A-Z? Role plays? Quote and discuss? Maybe not too! You got better ideas in your mind? Yes! Go on please?! :D

P.S Modji...

If such space exist in E&G already, point to us please... We ll move away to that thread instantly! :) - Exactly the purpose of this thread too, to avoid duplicates & honor all original posters! Hope its okay? :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    jskls, coffeecups and Gauri03 like this.

Similar Threads
    1. Dips1
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. rya
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good idea! Let's keep this as an open forum for discussing new ideas and finding collaborators for future initiatives.

kaniths likes this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Yes, my point too! Thank you G ji, you r a cool mod! :cool:

Gauri03 and coffeecups like this.
  4. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

We need cool mods this summer !! ;)

imhappy likes this.
  5. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

So, Shakespeare is it!!
    I had an abridged Shakespeare collection when I was little
    I used to read and re read them sincerely clutching the book to my sit out, breakfast table and even there( u know where I mean;)) and used to be lost in my own world until I hear a banging of the door and my mother's "it's been an hour:rolleyes: for heaven's sake"
    My personal favourites were King Lear, tamping of the tempest( did I mess up with the title, but I m not to blame, since it's been so long)midsummers night's dream
    Well, did Romeo and Juliet facinate me?
    Probably no !

vaikhari, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  6. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Taming of the shrew !!
    Just now googled

vaikhari likes this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Hmmmm good to know you r a fan I ain't though! But who r we to critic & judge when 70% of the world love his works! :) So how do you plan to celebrate his bday? Ideas! Thats what that post was about! ;)

8. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

I
    Am not a fan and all. Just liked those particular works of his and frankly I can't relate to the play kind of writing he practised.

9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Okay I ll put this way... If there is one thing you like to do to make Shakespeare's works appeal to genYs and the 'non' fans, what would it be? :) Or no him at all? Something else you wanna discuss? That too! :) Say you into History like me? Or science? Current events? Politics? Culture? Think they need exclusive coverages in E&G? (I think so, still can't get over the fact that history themed puzzles got to an end already before it can actually pick some momentum! Too soooon really!!) Nevermind, back to topic.... Put your thoughts here! Of course, not necessarily today anytime you like to! :)

10. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

From an ICSE board i have read three plays in his own language and all his work in normal english. My favourite is always Merchant of Venice....it has everything....drmaa, brain, romance, sadness and shrewdness.

By the way....Shakespeare life is also no less than a tale. Try reading that. :)

"Whats there in a name"
    Shakespeare !

kaniths likes this.