1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

curtain colour for our new home

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by fari, Apr 20, 2015.

1. fari

fari Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Please help me to choose curtain colour for our new home.
    1.Living room: 3 walls are painted in ivory colour. one wall, which is having a black & white TV unit, we are planning to paint Asian paint passion flower colour (some thing like mango colour)/ Bottled olive colour. We are yet to buy sofa set.
    2. Dining room: ivory colour wall, black & white crockery unit
    3. Master bed room: Ivory colour wall & teak colour laminated wardrobe & cot
    4. Kids room: ivory colour wall, pink & lavender colour laminated wardrobe
    5. Guest room: ivory wall, Mahogany laminated wardrobe

Thanks in advance,.
    Fari

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

1. Living room - Dark maroon with gold embellishing or chocolate brown

2. Dining room - Same as above

As you will be having company in both these rooms, you need something on a grander version to impress.

I would go for pink in both bedrooms, may be in different shades and sea blue/sea green for the guest room.

1 person likes this.
  3. fari

fari Silver IL'ite

@butterflyice : I like ur ideas, thanks a lot.
    Kids bedroom I go for pink, but master bedroom have to choose some other colour, my DH doesn't like pink :-(. how about light colours like cream, light blue or something like that(room is dark compared to other rooms)?

Living & dining room: will Maroon or choc brown match with my TV unit wall paint or should I have to paint the TV unit wall Maroon or choc brown?

4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

You are welcome.

Yes, Cream would be a good option, in fact you can even pair it up with maroon or chocolate in the living room, it would look very grand. There is no need to paint the TV wall unit wall. If your room is really big, you could perhaps use stripes on the wall to pop up.

1 person likes this.
  5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    It also depends on the size of the room. Since most of your rooms are in ivory, I assume it makes it look spacious. If you drape dark colored curtains..it will again make the rooms look small. So it depends on that also. ...

Typically, I would drape.. light lavender (not the dark one).. which has a cue of pink in the kid's room. It will look pleasant as well as not the typical 'pink'
    In Master bedroom.. I would go for a bold color like RED. (not the blood red). but velvet red. The curtain will also make the room dark if pulled even in the daytime.. to give that cozy ..yet red romantic feeling.
    If the dining room is an extension of the hall.. I will go with the same curtain as the hall,,,, again to give the same spatial distribution, else the hall with look constricted.
    For the guest bedroom, I will go for a lighter yellow shade.. Assuming it is the first room after you enter the house, it will lit the house bright.. and give a warm welcome.. Any dark color drapes.. will make the entrance look dull..

2 people like this.
  6. fari

fari Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vanitha

Living room size is 18'4"* 11'6" . Dining room & Living are separated by a passage.

Grt idea, my frnd also suggest the same.

its true, but the room is already dark so I would go for some light colors.

After Living, there is passage, right side of that is Master bedroom, left Dining hall. Guest bed room & kids room entrance are from dining hall. Both rooms have plenty of lights.

How abt velvet red for guest room & light olive green or light yellow for Master bedroom?

7. fari

fari Silver IL'ite

We are planning to paint one wall dark colour. Already did the TV unit paneling light colour and othr unit dark.

8. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

1.Living room: 3 walls are painted in ivory colour. one wall, which is having a black & white TV unit, we are planning to paint Asian paint passion flower colour (some thing like mango colour)/ Bottled olive colour. We are yet to buy sofa set.

If you are Painting mango colour/Bottled olive colour , then go with same colour curtain.For the sofa , ivory colour cloth with mango/olive colour cushions .
    Make it customized

2. Dining room: ivory colour wall, black & white crockery unit

if possible paint one wall olive green and go for olive green curtains .would also suggest u to have green collections in ur Crockery

3. Master bed room: Ivory colour wall & teak colour laminated wardrobe & cot

Ivory colour brown colour floral pattern curtains

4. Kids room: ivory colour wall, pink & lavender colour laminated wardrobe

Would suggest lavender only

5. Guest room: ivory wall, Mahogany laminated wardrobe

Same go for floral curtains.

Would like you to check with Blinds too. If budget permits. I like blinds which gives more options

1 person likes this.
  9. fari

fari Silver IL'ite

Thanks you Abitha.

10. aditi123

aditi123 New IL'ite