1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Importance of Methi Seeds

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by SubbuKapadia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. SubbuKapadia

SubbuKapadia New IL'ite

Hey can someone please tell me if fenugreek seeds or methi is actually good for health. I came across some sites that said that fenugreek is good for cholesterol reduction. Is it true?

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

3. shrutipatel5

shrutipatel5 New IL'ite

Hi @subbukapadia , since ages, Indians believe that common ingredients found in the kitchen have medicinal and therapeutic value. Same holds true for fenugreek or methi seeds. Scientific research into the constituents of fenugreek seeds have defined its constituents and shown definite benefits on blood sugar management, weight management and cholesterol management. Fenugreek has high fibre advantage and research has shows that drinking fenugreek powder can actually help in reducing cholesterol levels by blocking their absorption in the body. Methi seeds are extremely beneficial for health and you can try taking them in powdered form. But there is a lot of bitterness in powdered form of fenugreek. Many people also sprout fenugreek seeds and its sprouts are also very healthy. If you or someone you know suffers from high cholesterol then they can consume fenugreek seeds and check its benefits.
    Source: www.vellife.in

4. ChrisColin

ChrisColin Junior IL'ite

5. nandinijk

nandinijk New IL'ite

Hi, I used to soak methi seeds in water overnight and swallow it the next morning. My stomach cramps, pains, burnings etc problems were all gone. Thanks to methi. I started to apply methi powder to hair, my hair was soft and straight.

6. niriha

niriha Bronze IL'ite

Often we boil water with methi seeds and drink. It will reduce the body heat

7. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

methi seeds are very helpful in diabetics...in any form

8. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

especially for b.feeding mothers as it will stimulate the production of milk and also will soothen your stomach. soaking the seeds overnight and having it in morning is good for body heat reduction.

we used to prepare a porridge with black urad dal, rice, methi seeds and garlic which is extremely benificial for women's uterus and b.feeding mothers...

9. lat13

lat13 Senior IL'ite

Can u tell me how to prepare that porridge. As I am bf woman. Can u tel me the ratios... more over I drink that soaked water but never heard r tried this porridge

1 person likes this.