career or family

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by amnilakshmi, Mar 13, 2015.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Which is important career or family. Plz vote

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I think just now we got out from a similar thread.. Homemaker vs Working women . Who is great ? and Who do you like to be ?
    Not Again !

3 people like this.
  3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Both of course!

1 person likes this.
  4. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

To each their own. But there is no reason it has to be one or the other until dire situations hit. Why not both. So many of us are doing that successfully. I agree with the above poster about working women vs SAHM fights. Bah! BTW Vanita, did a lot of working women actually participated in it?

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

To each their own... For me both are important, but handling both during toughest moment is not easy. So, there comes the priority list.
    For me, career is my own passion, but that also provides financial support to the family.
    But family is not just me. It is a joint one, where I am expected to play a certain role. To perform my role better, I may put my passion aside for now or when needed, but not always. Because, my role may not be the hit role all the time at home.

6. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

My point of view: Both are equally important..As long as we have work life balance we can be content in life..when this balance is affected it impacts family life.

But in some extreme situations where you have to choose b/w career and family, family comes first.

“Love your job but don't love your company, because you may not know when your company stops loving you” – a quote by an Indian scientist and former President of India, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.