Change in career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Janaki696, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Janaki696

Janaki696 New IL'ite

Hi Ilites

After 6 years of experience in IT industry, is it possible that our resume will be considered in other field such as an administrator job in schools etc.,I have already applied but sadly there was no response. I have clearly mentioned that my experience is in a different environment altogether.

Could anyone please suggest? I am sorry if this is any kind of a repeat post.

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Perhaps you can highlight the administration/leadership roles you performed in your IT role while applying. For eg, leading a team, mentoring new inductees, writing Best practices manual etc and show how those skills can be translated into the new environment. If you have led a team you can talk about how that will help you lead a bunch of teachers. If you have worked with inductees, talk about your enthusiasm in working with fresh minds (aka kids).

Do not sell yourself short by saying you had nothing to do with this industry. We all have something to do with the education industry someway or the other.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

janaki, yes its possible. My sister was in IT. After my neohew's birth, that IT job was not working for her. She now works as a teacher in my nephews school. She needed to take BeD.

Depending on what specific job you want to target, you may need to take a course. Mind you most admin jobs pay less than any decent IT job.

4. Janaki696

Janaki696 New IL'ite

Thank you guys...I will complete a B.Ed course and try for a teacher post

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

is there any university offering Bed course in correspondence>?

6. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Lots of universities do. Top of my mind is Annamalai univ. Do check with the universities in your area.

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

@butterflyice Sister,

These days Annamalai University isn't doing good unlike earlier days, Sairam

@Brahan Sister,

You can try IGNOU, But for some positions B.Ed through Correspondence isn't acceptable, Check for which one you are planning your course.

May baba guide you always, Best wishes, SAIRAM

1 person likes this.