1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband prohibits wife from watching latest movie

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"H" and "W" are husband and wife in their early 30's with one toddler. W wants to go watch Fifty Shades of Grey in theater with her female friends. H says no and strictly prohibits from watching such movie in theater. He refuses her suggestion that they go watch it together in theater. He says they can watch it when it comes on DVD.

Should W go anyway with her female friends and watch it in theater? Why is her husband being so Christian Grey like about a small thing like a movie? Will he spank her when she returns home after the movie?

Ladies, please share you thoughts on this movie going dilemma. If you can, also check with your MIL what she suggests in the matter.

3 people like this.

2. vidhyabaskar

vidhyabaskar Gold IL'ite

I have great respects and regards on Chritianity. I have very close Christian friends. Some of them belonging to the Protestants (Church of South India Diocese ) believe that watching movies is a sin. I have respected their faith and never insisted they should see the movie, when we go in a group. I have seen how strongly they were believing movie seeing is a sin. Does the "H" you refer to, belong to the above faith ? If so, the "W" better respects his faith and desist from going to a theatre.

3 people like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

I think its a good call by the H :)
    Thread will let sdiva and co cry hoarse on how he cannot make the choice for her Lol. And it is all to understand the "indian context" excellently :)
    rihana cannot sit still without these hypothetical threads, rofl!

1 person likes this.
  4. Rihana

And thread will let Ragini predictably predict the very predictable. :)

2 people like this.
  5. Rihana

No, this H and W often go to movie theater, buy popcorn and other expensive food sold there, and also take toddler along if it is a kid movie.

They are already "bad". W just wants to be badder. H is saying only with DVD, not in theater.

1 person likes this.
  6. vidhyabaskar

vidhyabaskar Gold IL'ite

I don't get the point, Rihana. What the movie, 'Fifty Shades of Grey' is about ? Sorry, I don't know much about movies.

7. Rihana

1 person likes this.
  8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Hindu couple, practising orthodox Christian faith, circumventing by Muslim tactics, creating the perfect and harmonious Indian context!

(wear a burka and go to the movie - no one espies you at the theatre or neighbourhood, tum bhi na Rihana, complex problems, simple solutions)

15 people like this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

This thread and how folks (incl. you, and yours truly) are gonna write in this, is indeed very predictable :)

Believe it or not, I had anticipated some thread from you around the movie in ML forum :)

1 person likes this.
  10. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I think H is more worried about the content. Studying BDSM is not really necessay he thinks may be because he isnt Cristian Grey!... Why dump unnecesary info.Also he might not want others to know that his 'cultured' wifey is onto this movie .. To satisfy his W he might make her still watch it at home.

4 people like this.