Need or Looking for Travel Companion - Post here!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by sirishamanne, Dec 9, 2006.

1. sirishamanne

sirishamanne New IL'ite

hi

Any body travelling by lufthansa , this 13th(dec 13) from India to dallas?
    my mother is coming , I am looking for companion.The root includes 1 stop Frankfurt.

2. radi

radi New IL'ite

About my mother US trip

Hi All,

This is Radhika from Austin , we r planning to take my mother in August. She comes alone so we want someone traveling company. Anybody is come to Dallas,Houston or Austin in august let me give private msg .
    waiting for replies

Thanks
    Radhika

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: About my mother US trip

Hi Radhika,
    I think you can get help from the airlines itself. My cousin's mil came over to US, alone. She has problems with communication in English. But she came in a wheel-chair accompanied by air-hostess. She was completely satisfied with their service. My cousin told me that the service was free. Check it out. I think you can ask for that kind of help at the counter itself or verify with the travel agent.
    My daughters went to India, twice, alone, 'under the unaccompanied minor' status. But we had to pay for their services. Check it with your travel agent and do the same.

Sriniketan

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: About my mother US trip

Hi Radhika,

I am sure you will be excited in getting your Mother to Austin to visit you.

Like what Sriniketan has mentioned, you can get wheel chair assistance with the airlines itself by requesting it at the time of booking tickets as well while she boards the flight in India. But this assistance is available only for the 60 or 65+ who are really old.

Otherwise, you may want to check in the eknazar site - dallas section to find out about travel companions. You can also post a message in Sulekha too asking for a travel companion.

Is your Mom coming from CHennai? If yes, you can very well ask your people to request at the time check-in about co-passengers from Chennai to Austin / Houston / Dallas and ask for help in changing transit flights at Frankfurt, check-out at the final destination, etc. It is easier to communicate in our native language and ask for help at the boarding point by coming a little early. Airlines like Lufthansa / Air France are ready to do this help by putting us through some friendly co-passengers.

Good Luck!

Malathy

11 people like this.
  5. selviraj

selviraj New IL'ite

Need travel companion from Chennai to Houston / Dallas / Austin

Hi friends,

Looking for a travel companion for my mother ,who is travelling from chennai to houston on month of sep , regarding the date is not yet desided , if anyone or any of your friends travelling on that month pls let me know same!

If any on you or your friends travelling from Chennai to Dallas, or Chennai to Austin, in Lufthansa or Air France, also let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    selvi.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2008
  6. joylava

joylava New IL'ite

Need Travel companion !!

Hello everyone,

My mom is travelling from chennai to dallas next month on the 10th by Luftansa..Kindly let me know if you or anyone from your friends or family are travelling on the same day..My mom has a neck problem so it would be difficult in lifting luggage..

Would appreciate your reply..
    U can contact me by PM.

Thanx
    joylava:smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  7. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Re: Need a travel companion!!

Hi Joy
    I have just joined so I could not post earlier. It is good to inform your travel agent and the airline that she will require assisance. They will make the arrangements so that someone will assist her and it will not cost you anything. At check in as well you can see if there is anyone that can keep her company and help her out if she needs any assistance.
    I know it is a bit late but perhaps it will help when she next travels :)

8. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Re: Looking for Travel companion!

Hi Selviraj
    I posted a reply to a similar message from Joy. Speak to your travel agent and the airline, they will post a message on the booking that says she requires assistance and during checkin, you can look for people and you will definitely find someone who will keep an eye on her
    Hope to have helped! :)

9. pushpasravan

pushpasravan New IL'ite

travel companion

hi friends
    Looking for a travel companion for my parents they are travelling from hyderabad to detroit on 11th october , they are coming by Luftansa., if anyone or any of your friends travelling on that date pls let me know .

thanks
    pushpa

10. chinni3367

chinni3367 New IL'ite

Travel Companion

Need travel companion for my Mom from Hyderabad to chicago on Dec 28th. Please let me know if anybody out there. Appreciate your help!