1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Interior designing tips and advices

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by tkswetha, Mar 29, 2012.

1. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs,

Now a days every lady want their home to be special and well designed. it is true that how good the interior designer can plan for a house, it is the home maker of the house who maintains it :clap.So all credit gows to our women, whose dream homes are beautiful and elagant.

In past, there were no interior designers who can design every nuke and corner of the house , only our mothers and grand mothers used to decorate it and maintain it beautifully.

Coming to the point, it is not that much easy to run to a interior designer everytime when we want to do small changes in the house or remodel the house .so i will share my part to throw some light on designing the house with out a interior designer(but with help of artichect :cool2:) .Please also throw some light on this topic if you are interested.

Will post the tips in my next post

2. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

very gud thread.. am also eagerly waiting...

3. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Hi,

thank you for the reply

Now getting in to the tips , let me first start with the Stair case

now a days each and every house will have a stair either at the entrance of the house or inside the house(for duplex houses). In Duplex houses, every one will think how good tiles they have to put on stairs, Glass railing and all but with the below simple steps of decorating a stair case you can make the home to look traditional and beatiful.these tips hold good if stair case is at the out side of the house making every one to turn their heads and praise your designing thoughts :)

1. Between one step and another step, just go imaginary and paint the wall which connects the two steps using a water colours or now a days you will get stickers of flowers fruits in the market, just pick them according to your taste and stick them in the space between one step and another step, follow a pattern for all the steps which wil make the staircase to come live

2.You can even colour one step with one color and another with other so that rainbow will be visible in your home but remember to prefer light colors than going for bright colors which brings a colorful environment in your house when the room walls are dull.Even this will increase the brightness in the house.

3. it would be really irritating for us if we want to go to down stairs in our house in the night when all the lights are switched off and every one are sleeping.I am sure everyone of us might have slipped atleast one time when they are getting down or climbing up in the stairs.Now a days we have got LED light display which can be fixed in between one or two steps and will glow with electricity.Just fix them in your stairs and see the beauty.Even you can get them fixed in your apartment steps from your house so that it would be easy for our beloved to come home safe after finishing their night duties. This will also look beautiful when you fix them on the stairs which are out side of the independent house instead of using lights in balcony. You can even choose wide range of colors and go cool..

let me know if you have any more ideas and suggestions.

4. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Nice tips dear!!!

5. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

thank you for your replies..

From today, we will start with Living room or Hall

when guests enter the house, the first impression of your beautiful home will be given by your living room.Seeing a hall or living room one can get an idea how good we clean our home and what taste we have.Hence, Living room should reflect our taste.For this no need to go to bazaar and spend thousands to bring expensive decors but just follow the steps given below and get maximum change

1.Lighting plays a major role for any room (including a bathroom :)) Hence make sure enough lighting is available in your room like windows should be opened and cleaned on regular basis.Light colored walls and curtains will also give lighting to your room when there are no enough windows in the hall.Hence, choose light colors for living room.One more advice is, have beautiful and pleasant paintings or pillow covers for the sofa or deewan and you will see that room is brighter than before.

2.Next comes Space, When we go to some ones house, we usually see heavy furniture, good decors and elegant designs but sad thing is they don't even have space to walk in between the furniture of the house..Hence, designing a home is not loading furniture in the living room and making it a furniture shop but aestically arranging the things in your house.usually, it is hard to find big living rooms in this naya zamana, usually, we will find living room in the size of bedroom only in the apartments so since we can't increase the space, we can atleast make it visible as large.For that we can have minimal furniture but with good covers.You can even have mirros affixed to the walls of living room which will make the living room to double its size.this doesn't include much cost.Even now a days mirrors are coming with Glass paintings which will bring a elagant look to your home.

We will discuss more about a living room in coming posts

1 person likes this.
  6. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Nice tips, keep on posting...

Magee

7. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Thank you for encouraging me!!

Today, we will look at some tips related to curtains,

In every house , we will see windows with curtains.People will just buy them according to their taste and affordability, and hang them but if you follow the below steps , you can use them also as decorating piece in your lovely home.

1.Now a days people are using sheers( A White transparent cloth behind the main curtain which is used for decorative purpose).If your home has no enough lighting you can just hang sheers of light colors to the windows with out main curtains, which will add brightness to the room.

2.Instead of sheers you hang curtains with thin fabric first and then above them hang the curtains with thick fabric of another color now just drag the first curtain to some level of rod so that inner curtain is visible this will add color to your window if you choose good color combination..you can even play with these curtains like choosing flowers curtain to inner and fruits curtain to outer wala and just have a combination of fruits and flowers for the window..:)

3.In the above tip, the brightness of the room will be decreased as there will be two curtains hanging to window but will be attractive if you have light in the room from other ways.if it is not advisable to follow the above tip, just try this one, hang one color curtain from right side of the rod and hang another color from the left end drag both to the middle by expanding..now half of your window will be in one color and half will be another.You should be careful in choosing the color combination, design and pattern for this mix and match formula.

Even you can follow the above tips with multiple colors for door curtains also.Make sure that curtain should be exactly to the level of the door or window.It would be awkward if it is above or below the level.

3 people like this.
  8. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Swetha,

Very nice thread. it will be very useful for us. Currently in my home we are re-modelling the existing house. you kow i dont have enough creativity about house decoration. but husband is expecting me to give some tips to decorate. I think your tips will be very useful for us. Can you please keep on post the tips. in my home stairs will come outside of the home. we are going to stay in first floor. three bed rooms, one big hall and small room for god :-(. one big sitout in entrance. can you please give some tips to decorate the entrance, swami room and kitchen.

9. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Hi Bhuvana,

thank you for your reply.I will try my best to suggest tips for your house remodelling, i can help you more better if you can post some pics of yur home where all, you are going to remodel.

Coming to the entrance, you can have build a small concrete shelf in the shape of arch on the either side of the entrance door to the entrance wall with different color matching(like if wall color is red, then the arch should be painted in yellow) to the entrance wall(usually, in olden days we used to have these type of archs on the either side of the door to light lamps for the people coming from outside when there was no electricity).you can try this in modern way and have a beatiful decoratvie peice like flowerwase or a entrance light fixed in the arch then the people will have a very Good impression in the entry itself..

you can even have carpet which has multuple colors laid on the first three steps from your entrance towards down side(since you are in first florr).It will also have good impression, you can even paint the steps as i said in my post if you can afford.

if you are planning to change the entrance door, then plan for a Wooden door with small window Glass fittings on the either side of the door, now a days these type of doors are becoming famous than carved wooden doors

Will post tips for your puja Room in my next post

10. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Hi Bhuvana

Do post me whether the above suggestions are helpful.so that i can improvise in my next post.