100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

"Monster's Inc isn't ..."
    "Bah! Those creepy things, I don't like .."
    "You MUST WATCH Pixar films"
    "I hate Toy Story"
    "Did you watch?"
    "No"
    "How can you h-a--t-e then?"
    "Huh! Does not appeal, death of 2D-animation, what is all this 3D computer-generated, does not have the softness of flat animation"

(starts adding all animated films in the past 15 years to my netflix list)

"You have NO clue of the revolutionary & breakthrough style which is innovate in ways your bigoted mind cannot construe. You must watch the making of these films, watch the short films which prefigured the feature-length, do you even know that lamp in Pixar logo has a history, what it denotes, you must merit what it took to animate the hair of Sullivan in Monsters Inc and how technologically challenging ..."
    "Yuh, yeh"
    "You should read about the history of animation, stop motion , studios, mergers, the big kahunas of animation i.e Tim Burton, John Lasseter, Pete Docter, Andrew Stanton, Gore Verbinski"
    "Why are yo so passionate about everything — music, films, stand-ups, books, food, science, mathematics, space, sports, travel?!. Is there something you feel meh"
    "OK, I will stop here and not flaff about Dreamworks"
    (next day)

"Mike Wazowski reporting ...."
    "Ah! so that raving piqued you"
    "Well, just ..."
    "I know you too well. As soon we finished our talk, you must have jumped on your feet, opened the laptop and typed 'history of animation', clicked on the wikipedia entry, read the biographies of Burton, Lasseter, watched the trailer of Pixar movies, found out about Luxo Jr. — the lamp in Pixar logo, skimmed nominations and winners of Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, 'hair of Sullivan'! typed random keywords on hair, monsters, ghosts, ogres and animation while watching Toy Story franchise. You would do this partly to impress me, partly out of curiosity and staggeringly because you are like that restless puppy who found a fresh bone to chew on and wants to grind to the marrow"
    "And yet you ask me why I love you so much , huh?!! You're the craziest woman I ever met in my life"
    "I didn't want our Oozma Kappa to lose so I did all that! I love my James "Sulley" Sullivan too"
    "One of these days we shall read together "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest Mims, buy a starter kit and build basic batteries, okay?"
    "Bleugh! I don't like electronics, I don't understand, I cannot, I can never understand. Too abstract for me, will you really teach me?"

(flexing his arms)

"What a sweaty summer it's going to be reforming my card-carrying i-hate-electronics gingerhead"

Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

'I set my own standards' - positivity from my younger one!

Amica and kaniths like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Signed up for a summer 10K. Paid the $$, now have no choice but to train. Today was the first day of training. Surprisingly easy 2 miler. Will be running every other day, kettlebells and yoga on off days. Looked at myself in the mirror before stepping out. Couldn't believe this same girl looked like a tub of lard not so long ago. Most days I'm very hard on myself. Not today.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  4. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

There are few triumphant and reverberating stories where even if I played a cameo role like that fleeting Hitchcock or Ghai I'm so thrilled to invite my neighbourhood for screening. Yes, I'm one of those giddy kinds and your transformation from butterball to bikini stalk has been recounted so many times in my fitness circles that by now you are aliased as G-pal.

Viswamitra and Gauri03 like this.
  5. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Could not post here for few days . was busy watching fuller house . I am not going to keep track of days .
    Positive of the day
    myself and dd's birthday on same day . so we went to favourite restaurant and had yummy yummy food . i had bought a bluetooth headset during thanks giving but never used it. But today i cleaned my house while listening songs in headset . house cleaning will not be a chore anymore. Read a message in fb from a friend . after reading that i realized that i should not feel angry for taking care of dd for whole day . rather should feel too happy about it .
    Gauri, i loved the quote you posted. Thanks for sharing it.

Gauri03 likes this.
  6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

@ashima10: Where is my post? What's happening here? Starting to count the ads in between posts... 10 so far! (Couldn't mimic her infamous type errors!) :tonguewink:

do they have any nominations for typos....i would like to nominate myself and win. definitely! bets out of waste! :p

And all this makes me wonder for how many days i was away....
    Positive day 43: this post !! iam giggling form morning! refrence to weed and all is hilarious and Kanisths living if autocracy and demanding FOS..ha ha ! clap clap....anarkali ko deewar se chunwa do aur waha ussase bhi badi building construct karwa do!

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  7. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 61: 2/4
    A tiring but fruitful day.

Day 62: 3/4
    Sometimes mind turns to the negative stuff around and makes me upset but its good that I was able to tell it to back off and try to think about some positive stuff (though it didn't help much).

Gauri03 likes this.
  8. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

positive is that i have started watching peace of mind channel in morning with my breakfast i nwhich she is saying and teaching about parent and children bonding and why we lack and fail to have proper and healthy bond with them...it is such an awakening one and this is for one week daily from 8 to 8.30. i started realising my faults and instead of feeling guilty i will correct it for future....this is most positive uptil now...what more i can ask for :sunglasses:

chillbreeze and Gauri03 like this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

@ashima10 lol true n you write us a snippet I ll nominate it for humour n typos! :wink: thank you, have a nice day! :blush:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    ashima10 likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am getting involved in Phase IV of an important mission in my life today with intense prayer yesterday. I am positive with the support of the family and the grace of the Lord, this mission will succeed.

Viswa

chillbreeze and Gauri03 like this.