Dark circles are one of the most common skin problems and we are always on the lookout for solutions that can effectively help us to get rid of them. No one likes them, and this is precisely why we bring you a comprehensive list of natural solutions that will help fight dark circles around the eye. The best part about all the tips mentioned here are that they have been contributed by our esteemed ILites – and most of them are tried and tested. So, read the tips, put them into effect and get set to banish those dark circles.
A word of advice – while trying any of the treatments below please ensure that none of the products get inside the eye. Of course, there won’t be any damaged caused – however, your eyes can sting. So exercise proper caution.
The 20 Minute Treatments/Masks
- Apply a mixture of cucumber and potato juice around your eyes with a cotton pad. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- A sliced piece of potato or cucumber left on closed eyes for about 20 minutes can prove to be beneficial in fighting dark circles.
- Cotton wool swabs dipped in cold milk and placed over closed eyes are also good for removing dark circles.
- Apply a mixture of cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal quantities daily and leave it on for 20 minutes before washing off.
- Mash a banana peel and apply the paste under the eyes. Keep it for 20 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Add milk to a paste of peeled almonds, which have been soaked overnight, and leave this concoction on the eyes for 20 minutes.
- Place a half of a freshly cut fig under the eyes for 20 minutes. Apply peanut oil on the area after you wash the eyes.
- Applying a paste of cranberries and crushed papaya on closed eyes for a duration of 20 minutes brings good results.
- You can also try leaving a paste of pomegranate and sea salt.
- Use a paste of equal quantities of raisins and seeds of ash gourd over your under eyes for 20 minutes.
- A paste of half slice of a small size tomato and one teaspoon lemon juice is beneficial when left under the eyes.
- Turmeric powder and pineapple juice paste is also a good dark circle removing agent when applied for 20 minutes under the eyes.
Tea Bag Treatments
They work well due to the presence of “tannin” in tea which is a good skin defoliant.
- Placing warm tea bags over the eyes for a span of 10-15 minutes is a good remedy.
- You can do the same step with a cold tea bag – whichever works better for you.
- Soak some chamomile tea bags in hot water, then rinse in cool water to create an eye-pack. Applying these on the eyes for about 20 minutes is quite helpful.
- Mint (Pudina) juice is quite effective in getting rid of under eye circles. It can be applied while going to bed and left overnight.
The juice/fluid/extract from the aloe vera plant is also a good agent that works against dark circles. You can apply the freshly extracted content from an aloe vera leaf under your eyes, massage it with deft and gentle circular strokes, and leave it overnight.
Make a paste of nutmeg (jathikai powder) and milk, apply it under the eyes and leave it on overnight for effective results.
- A massage with any of the following can go a long way in banishing dark circles.
- Almond Oil
- Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Olive Oil
- Content of Vitamin E capsule
- Content of Vitamin K capsule
Leave them on your eyes overnight, except if you are using castor or almond oil (they can make the eyes look puffy if left on too long) and wash off in the morning.
Really Easy Treatments
- Place cotton balls dipped in chilled water/rose water on the affected area for 5-10 minutes.
- Keeping a chilled spoon on dark circles for a few minutes can also help in the long run – remove the spoon for a short duration whenever you start to feel uncomfortable during the procedure.
- Freeze Vaseline on a metal spoon for 15 minutes and then apply it to the eyes for a few minutes.
- Freeze parsley in ice tray water to make cubes and apply it on the dark circles. The chlorophyll in parsley will fight darkness while the ice cubes will reduce puffy eyes.
- Leave some carrot in hot water for a few minutes. Drink this liquid thrice a day before meals.
- Increase the content of vitamin C in the diet.
- Make a drink of tomato juice with some mint leaves,lemon juice and salt. Drinking this will be effective against dark circles.
Work the pressure points
- Pressing the mount below the index fingers on the palms may be helpful, as it is the acupressure point for eyes.
- Make a circular motion around the eyes with the index finger – slowly starting from left to right and then reaching till the eyebrows. This procedure should be repeated 10 times, and one should do it right after waking up in the morning.
We hope you find the right natural solution for dark circles from the list mentioned here.
Our esteemed contributors: