Editor’s Note: Eggs are beneficial for not only the body but the skin as well. Topically applying egg on the face, as part of a mask, has a lot of benefits for both dry and oily skin. Saideeps has suggested two homemade masks using ingredients found easily in the kitchen, to counter the negative effects of two extreme skin types. Try them and share your feedback here and here.
As with any new product that you try on your skin, it is advisable that you do a patch test first.
Dry Skin Control Paste:
1 egg yolk, 1tsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients well with a beater until it gets creamy.
- Apply the mixture to face and neck for 20 minutes and wash off with water.
- This pack moisturizes dry skin and helps it becomes soft.
- Use it atleast 2 times a week, or 4 times for best results.
Oily skin control paste:
1 tsp oatmeal powder, 1 egg white
- Mix both the ingredients well with a beater so that they form a good creamy paste.
- Apply the paste on the face and keep it for 20 minutes on face and neck. • Wash off with water.
- This pack helps in controlling oil secretions.
- Using it twice a week is recommended. The more oily secretions produced by the skin, the more chances for pimples to develop. So use this pack to have oil and pimple free glowing skin.