The Vegan Vault
There are various vegetables that can be grown in your garden and the following suggestions will help you decide:
- You can grow vegetable which is the favorite of your family.
- You can grow a vegetable which suits the climate of you resident region. As for the climate in April-May you can opt for tomato or cabbage.
- You can then grow vegetables one after the other in circulation, keeping the seasons in mind. Once you get used to it, growing vegetables in the garden will be easier for you.
- The first and most important thing to be kept in mind is the area of the garden. If the area of the garden is small, do not plan to grow on too many vegetables. As for beginners, it is important that they focus on planning of one vegetable only.
- The foundation needs to be really strong, i.e. the soil. The kind of soil to be used in the garden for different vegetables is a prime criterion. Which vegetables can be grown on what kind of soil, is the first puzzle you need to solve. Soil texture is an essential requirement to grow a healthy and sustainable garden.
- The other things to be kept in mind are the sunlight and water. Vegetables do not grow in shade. They require sunlight at least 7-8 hours of sunlight a day. The vegetable might not grow properly or the growth of the vegetables might get stunted if there is no ample amount of sunlight.
- A good drainage system is also a prerequisite of your vegetable garden, for effective water retention in the soil. If they receive less water, they might not live, and if the water supply is too much, the roots might decay.
- Also make sure that there are no stones, weeds or other such obstacles. These basic pointers may help you identify the real essence of growing fresh and delightful veggies, in your garden!
More from the series: